B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Immense improvement, money well spent. All that is left now is change your name to SuperDave and add a set of Pat's Easy Change. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Pat's Easy Change won't work with a backhoe as the most often used 3-point attachment. The geometery of the whole attachment mechanism would change.

Here is a pix of the lower arm end where the easy change would go. As you can see the lower arm BH attachment mechanism is pretty stout and depends on a the shape/length of the lower arm.

Regarding "rag" in pix. My grandson noticed I use old cotton shorts for rags. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif He thought that was gross. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif My son-in-law and I had a real good laugh over that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 559055-BH attach back-sm.jpg
    559055-BH attach back-sm.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 746
   / B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #12  
Great Conversion. Thanks for posting the pics, very informative. No shame in using underdrawers as rags, as least they were not the bikini style! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #13  
Great post Dave - I've been putting off doing it to mine and I've got to get it done.

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #14  
Nice Job, Dave,

Your's is the first illustrated thread on conversion of a B7610 that I remember...actually easier than converting a BX it appears...

Too bad the extendable lower link arms are so expensive! They are pretty nice and work with the Kubota backhoe too. But really expensive, at least from my pocketbook's perspective (considered them for my BX, briefly...until seeing the prince... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif ).

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement
Bill, I looked at the extendable lower links in the parts list too. I couldn't see any advantage over the standard arms in my use--which is a box scraper, back hoe and trailer hitch. It probably could help in mounting the backhoe, but so far my back-up accuracy to line up the lower attachment points has been good.

I only did the change over last night. While my main motivation was to make the back hoe easier to level out, I used the new configuration with my few attachments today. And, the fact the arms stay put in spacing is really the best feature of the change so far. The stay put arms and the ability to independently raise and lower the right side arm with the "tilt" part of the TnT makes changing the implements soooo easy now.

My next project might be a FOPS cover like you've done. Any work in next summer's sun will move this project to the front of the list.

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #17  
Dave,

Have you used this set-up yet with your backhoe? I thought the advantage of the threaded links for the backhoe was that you could tighten them up once the backhoe was installed, making the backhoe mount very rigid. I can tell when I don't get mine snug enough - I can feel the backhoe jerking around when travelling over rough tererain.

With your new set-up, I can't see how you can tighten the hoe as much as with the threaded set-up. Holes vs. threads......

-Dave

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #18  
Dave,
I did this with my B7500 - BH4672 about a year ago. It works great. You can snug them by setting a pin on one side and then swinging the boom to the other side without the stablizers down and the pin will drop right in. It actually feels more stable with this setup.

Greg

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #19  
Check E-bay, I got mine for less than 1/2 that, and shipped to my door $8.95, three days

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The B7610 has a chain stabalizer for the 3-point hitch. I guess a backhoe is hard on the chains and I broke one of mine at some point this summer. The dealer replaced it under warranty. The chains were always difficult to adjust and I always managed to bash a knuckle or two when adjusting them.

I found out, here on TBN, that you can replace the chains with a telescoping bar set-up from a B2910. So, I looked up the B2910 parts manual and compared the parts against the B7610 parts manual and ordered up a batch of parts on-line from the manuals supplier. A week and about $100 later the parts showed up.

Here is the original set up. )</font>

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #20  
v8dave & co -

After having this on my "wish list" since Dave's original post in January - I finally got around to ordering and installing all the bits in November.

Now that I have switched between my pallet forks and newly acquired snowblower a couple times - I must say that switching between 3PH implements really is much simplified! Having the lower arms stay at the proper width as you back up to an implement is SOOOOOO nice! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Got my parts (@ $130 incl. shipping) from the folks at TractorSmart - less than 1 week to deliver = @ 30 minutes to install. Both time and money well spent! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again Dave for the great post and simple but useful mod! Hope to spread the wealth by reviving this old thread!

Dan