Need input on snowplow

/ Need input on snowplow #31  
I think he has plenty of tractor for 5 miles of road but to do it and do it without taking all day or night the type of plow he chooses is going to be key. Meaning a run of the mill modified plow truck plow will get pretzeled if he uses the tractor to its full potential. He needs a purpose build snow removal solution built to handle the tractor and what it is capable of doing. Hope that makes sense. There is a youtube vid out there of a Deere over in Europe somewhere with a purpose built plow plowing the roads at full speed, its pretty cool and you can tell the plow is built so it can handle the occasional bump with that much tractor pushing it.

I would agree with the run of the mill part. But I would think that a commercial duty pickup mounted plow could work as long as it wasn't rigged up with down pressure, that will be the real killer, the OP's tractor even well ballasted will only weight about the same as my truck empty.

Something like I posted earlier would still be ideal IMO.

/ Need input on snowplow #32  
pickup truck plows the best i have a jd990 with vbar chains on rear it noway plows as good as my small pickup truck.

/ Need input on snowplow #33  
I would agree Mr Duffster.....and add how it is connected to the tractor. A couple slots in some angle iron and a chain won稚 cut it here. Not down playing that solution at all here (for those with this set-up)...but we are talking 5 miles of road not a driveway. I know myself, after a bit the speed would increase and that痴 when things will break. So yeah, good commercial grade plow and a good connection to the tractor.

/ Need input on snowplow #34  
But I will say this....

Here in PA where I am at there are a lot of private roads that the property owners are responsible for. For a lot of them a old used road grader is the solution. It will move a lot of snow and can be used in the spring and summer to keep the road in good shape. Maybe a solution is to get all the neighbors together and go in on something like this. This is probably a one pass in each direction solution with maybe some bucket work on the ends and at the driveway entrances.

/ Need input on snowplow #35  
Even if a tractor would go 5 miles an hour PLOWING which it wouldn't - that more than two hours rounds trip, every snow fall.

I believe that an M8540 tractor is an 85 HP machine and if an 85 horsepower tractor can't do at least 5 mph while pushing snow along a straight away then that tractor has some serious issues. My opinion only.

Somebody please corect me if I am wrong about the HP of the M8540.

/ Need input on snowplow
It is a 85hp tractor.

The option of a grader would be ideal, but have you ever tried to get 15 property owners to agree, much less pay for something together?

Any suggestions on where to look to find a snow blade heavy enough to survive this kind of use over repeated seasons?