wench

/ wench
I have a couple of degrees (including an MBA) and lots of work toward a PhD. I can't spell. I've been married to a women with a PhD in English for over 40 years and she has improved my grammar, but not my spelling. Sites (sights?) like this one with no spelling checker make me nervous, but there is lots to be forgiven on the net.

I will admit that the only reason I read this thread was the subject. I'm in the market for a winch and I was pretty sure that was what I would be reading about. I hope J_J's info will be of help to the OP and he will return with more questions and will share his experiences too. That's what makes this such a great place.

Here's to a Happy Holiday!

thank you nice to know there are still some good people out there Brian

/ wench
Last edited:
   / wench
Yeah, this thread is USELESS without pictures..........

here is mine, she is a big girl though........

"601":eek:

sorry new to this i will try to get a pic but mine has two 3inch by 6 inch by 2 foot legs

/ wench #24  
Brian- There's lots of good people out here! Don't let the good natured 'ribbing' turn you off! Best Regards! ~Scotty

/ wench
Brian- There's lots of good people out here! Don't let the good natured 'ribbing' turn you off! Best Regards! ~Scotty

thanks Brian

/ wench #26  

Agreed...Brian, The guy's are just having some light hearted banter. Not directed at you. You kinda threw a hanging curveball and everyone took a swing:D

Lots of good people and info on TBN..Please stick around.

/ wench #27  
I have a couple of degrees (including an MBA) and lots of work toward a PhD. I can't spell. I've been married to a women with a PhD in English for over 40 years and she has improved my grammar, but not my spelling. Sites (sights?) like this one with no spelling checker make me nervous, but there is lots to be forgiven on the net.

I will admit that the only reason I read this thread was the subject. I'm in the market for a winch and I was pretty sure that was what I would be reading about. I hope J_J's info will be of help to the OP and he will return with more questions and will share his experiences too. That's what makes this such a great place.

Here's to a Happy Holiday!

Barry,

If you download the Google Toolbar it has a wonderful spell check right in it, and it works great. I am a Mechanical Engineer, and as most engineers go I can't spell worth a darn, so I use that spell check for everything before I post.

One of the reasons I will be extra cautious about posting using good spelling and grammar is that post is a DIRECT reflection of the person posting it. Many times if something is filled with misspellings, grammar mistakes and the such the post turns into just what this one did at that start, people poking fun and taking shots. I post for information and will take a post much more serious if it is properly done.

Craig

/ wench
   / wench #29  
For for you and others in the English As A Second Language camp, we understand how difficult it can be to communicate what it is you wish to discuss. No offense was intended. Photos do help an awful lot on this forum to provide clarity.

For those whose first language is indeed English, spelling, grammar and punctuation is important, however, at least your teacher thought so. The sharing of information, in a public forum, demands at least the rudiments. Some posts just leave the reader wondering what is being asked and are frustratingly difficult to decipher. Now for some humor on this subject in response to those who think such matters frivolous altogether.

Yoo ar so reit. Spileng, punkshiasion an gramer have littel baring on da shering of enfurmacion. I'm karious wut kind of tole thes wil tacke on sosiuty wen weer al riting lyke thes.

:D:D

/ wench #30  
Are the legs that your seeing actually a mounting frame for the blade, that you don't have? Seems like if you were dragging something, that blade would be protection against something sliding forward into the tractor! It would also serve as an 'anchor' when lowered during winching!!!~Scotty