Grading scraper blade ?

/ scraper blade ? #1  

logan97

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 4/wd
I have a chance to get a Rhino heavy Duty 6' scraper blade it is rated for a 50 HP tractor can I put it on a Kubota B7800 30 HP

/ scraper blade ? #2  
I don't pretend to be any kind of an expert, but unless the blade assembly is too heavy for your 3 pt, which seems very unlikely, or it's not a category 1 implement, I can't see how it could be a problem..

Let's see what I just walked into LOL..

/ scraper blade ? #4  
Oh, one thing you definitely need to check, that I forgot to mention. IF the implement is a category 1, then you need to measure the height of the pins when it's on the ground. Then measure the height of the connection points on your tractor (don't know what they're called- the holes where the pins go) when they are in the top position (you might be able to adjust them.) Be sure that height is high enough so that when you raise your blade, you can do whatever else you want to do with the tractor when it's on there..

The reason I bring this up, is I recently bought a 6' Woods blade for my NH TC 26 DA and even with the highest adjustment of the 3 pt hitch, when the blade is adjusted at the angle I want it, it's only off the ground by a few inches. This limits what I can do as far as driving the tractor on uneven ground when the blade is on the tractor. I went for the Woods blade because it has the option of snow shoes, which I wanted, and a lot of other brands do not. I would add too that for snow removal, a 7 foot blade would be much preferable to a 6 foot, because it allows more of a distance between the tires and the snow bank. I knew this going in, of course, but the 6 foot blade was on the lot for substantially less than I would have to pay for an ordered one.

/ scraper blade ? #5  
Duh.. obiously the snow removal stuff doesn't apply if you're talking about a box scraper.. but the height concern still might..

/ scraper blade ? #7  
Unfortunately the height problem seems to be common place with rear blades. :( I'm starting to think that the OEMs think that these are only used on a smooth and level surface. :eek: Either that or they think that everybody has a hydraulic top link so that you can raise the blade

/ scraper blade ?
our tractor should arrive next week I'm thinking I should load it up take it to the Dealer that has the blade put it on and make sure it will work before shelling out $650.00 ??

/ scraper blade ? #9  
our tractor should arrive next week I'm thinking I should load it up take it to the Dealer that has the blade put it on and make sure it will work before shelling out $650.00 ??

Won't hurt, but what you will most likely find is that all the blades will fit the same. So if it works, great, if not and if you want a rear blade, you may have to either get a hydraulic top link or modify the hitch in some way. Keep in mind that there are different height adjustments on the 3PT hitch and you might need to make some adjustments to that to accommodate the rear blade.

Good luck

/ scraper blade ? #10  
Unfortunately the height problem seems to be common place with rear blades. :( I'm starting to think that the OEMs think that these are only used on a smooth and level surface. :eek: Either that or they think that everybody has a hydraulic top link so that you can raise the blade

My little Jinma will lift my 7' Woods RB-7 blade a good 30" off the ground. My Ford 861 will lift it about 24". I think its a tractor issue.

Chris