Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #821  
I guess it depends on what kind of CFM you're trying to force through it. You shouldn't see much drop unless you're pump a high volume of air.

Ah I understand.

in the meantime I took apart my CP impact (95310) because after oiling it in the two areas it still felt a little "rough" after doing so it feels better but still have my doubts if it can live up to 250 ft-lb and let alone 100 ft-lb

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0819.jpg

DSC_0823.jpg

DSC_0822.jpg

I also noticed one of the screws on the back was stripped from whatever factory this came from.

A quick test and I noticed the impact does not stall in spots like it used to.. not sure if it's related to having oiled inside and all or a design flaw.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
..................... not sure if it's related to having oiled inside and all or a design flaw.

Design flaw? These Chinese tools are copied from the best! :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #823  
hahah tomorrow I think I will run up to get the 1/2" earthquake I hope they wont give me any grief with the printout off the 20% off.

I don't see how the people on Northern Tool can rate this CP impact so high out of the box it's really crap.. dead spots and able to stall the socket at 90 psi.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #824  
HF has a quick hitch, class 1&2 that sells for $79.95 if you don't have a sale flyer (there's been a 20% off coupon in Popular Science for the last couple months). Said quick hitch is supposed to work just fine. My wife's going to
pick one up for me on her way back from her visit the sister trip. They have a class 3 too.

Of late they have been steadily increasing their motorcycle tool offerings.
Hopefully they will do the same for the small tractor market. A weight box and front weight system would be the next logical products, now that they've got the quick hitch. Most of the HF stuff is rough cut chunks of iron well enough
welded together to stay put.

Lots of stuff I would not source at HF, but large chunks of iron seem to work out well.

FWIW,
Dennis

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #825  
hahah tomorrow I think I will run up to get the 1/2" earthquake I hope they wont give me any grief with the printout off the 20% off.

I don't see how the people on Northern Tool can rate this CP impact so high out of the box it's really crap.. dead spots and able to stall the socket at 90 psi.

Don't do it!!! The 1" Earthquake (most powerful they sell) won't do what my 1/2" IR 2135TIMAX will do. Not close! I have some heavy equipment that calls for over 1000 ft lbs. and thought - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices would work. It's a joke!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #826  
CP from HF is Central Pneumatic. CP from Northern is Chicago Pneumatic. There's a big difference there. Chicago Pneumatic is on the same tier of air tools as IR. Central Pneumatic from HF is just a cheap knockoff of a good impact.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #827  
CP from HF is Central Pneumatic. CP from Northern is Chicago Pneumatic. There's a big difference there. Chicago Pneumatic is on the same tier of air tools as IR. Central Pneumatic from HF is just a cheap knockoff of a good impact.

maybe Northern Tool does not like direct linking.. so here it is.

sametool.jpg

both have the same specs but the one at N/T says it uses 8 CFM and the one at HF says it uses 5 CFM at 90 psi

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #828  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #829  
OK...I thought when you referred to CPs @ NT you were referring to their Chicago Pneumatics, but I see you were referring to the same impact as your Central Pneumatic badged as a Northern Industrial tool. I've just seen people get their CPs mixed up and think that all CPs are cheap, when in fact Chicago Pneumatic is quite good.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #830