Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #841  
Yeah it's heavy that's for sure..

Anyone try any of the rachets? I was going to buy one today as well but held off until I heard from someone here.

Another thing i wanted to know was does HF have flap wheel grinders for a die grinder?

I don't know who makes them, or if they are even still made, but I bought a "Blackhawk" (I think) at an auction and for a $15 3/8" air ratchet, it keeps up will all but my high dollar IR one. If you can find one of those, you ought to grab it. Mine looks old and beaten to heck, but it is strong and works great without me ever doing anything to it ever but oil it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #842  
I expect to use my impact very little.. so buying a $200+ tool would be a bit of a waste for me. I understand the IR is better all around but to blow $200 on a gun and only use it at best 3 times a year is a bit too much.

I'm hoping I can get my camshaft bolts off without a chain wrench with the impact. It was impossible by hand because of the cam turning.. I forget the specs but it's something I think near 90 something ft-lb

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #843  
Also has anyone used those blue Nitrile Gloves 2-ply gloves? someone got into a box so I put one on.. I have to say they feel pretty darn good like they would hold up well.

I brought a 50 pack from Home Depot and they rip so easy doing car work.

I've used those blue Nitrile gloves all the time. They last fairly decent and I work on cars. They are cheap enought so it doesn't bother me if they don't last all day.
Just an FYI, brake cleaners and such will eat away at them and they end up tearing really after that.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #844  
I've used those blue Nitrile gloves all the time. They last fairly decent and I work on cars. They are cheap enought so it doesn't bother me if they don't last all day.
Just an FYI, brake cleaners and such will eat away at them and they end up tearing really after that.

ever have gloves so thin the latex rips just putting it on?

today I stopped by HF yet again..

picked up the 3/8" 25' goodyear air hose

picked up the fuel injection test kit (92699)

the 4 pack of micro clothes

and the gloves and used the coupon for the free flashlight.

The fuel injection kit I will try and see if I can get it set up in the morning providing it's not crazy snowing out (we already got 5 inches)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #845  
Also has anyone used those blue Nitrile Gloves 2-ply gloves? someone got into a box so I put one on.. I have to say they feel pretty darn good like they would hold up well.

I brought a 50 pack from Home Depot and they rip so easy doing car work.

I use the Costco ones for almost everything. They hold up pretty well for car work, which means I will go through 2 or 3 pairs in a day. I also use them for greasing the tractor & backhoe. They are inexpensive and do a pretty good job of keeping my hands clean.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #846  
A word of caution regarding latex gloves, especially powdered ones - exposure to the latex can allow one to develop a latex allergy which then is something you have to worry about in many situations, especially medical. I almost always use nitrile for "normal situations" like grease etc. Always surprises me when i see dental hygienists, nurses, etc wearing the latex ones.

ken

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #847  
I like the black HF nitrile gloves best they do not rip easy. The latex will last just long enough to grease the tractor and not much else. I save the black nitrile for the longer jobs.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #848  
Does the HF discount coupon in the back of magazines give you that additional discount off the price of a sale item or is it just for a regular retail priced items?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #849  
Does the HF discount coupon in the back of magazines give you that additional discount off the price of a sale item or is it just for a regular retail priced items?

Any I've ever used give a discount off the final sale price. If you buy a number of items, the coupon will take 20% off the highest priced item on your ticket.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #850  
If you buy a number of items, the coupon will take 20% off the highest priced item on your ticket.
Some stores are more co-operative than others.

I have had the percent coupons ignored on larger items, after I had presented a different product-specific coupon on a $2 item.

The register tape printed the % discount calculated on my larger item, as a separate printed line item, then it didn't mathematically add that discount line into the grand total!!!

Watch this carefully. Their registers are programmed to refuse any coupon that says 'cannot be used with another coupon' after a previous coupon was used for a completely different item.

In my case I had a heck of a time getting a percent-coupon discount on a $160 item because nobody there understood math and they refused to return the expensive item and let me use the same, ignored, coupon to buy it again. It took a half hour arguing with everyone to finally save $24. (15% on $160).