Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #862  
Some stores are more co-operative than others.

I have had the percent coupons ignored on larger items, after I had presented a different product-specific coupon on a $2 item.

The register tape printed the % discount calculated on my larger item, as a separate printed line item, then it didn't mathematically add that discount line into the grand total!!!

Watch this carefully. Their registers are programmed to refuse any coupon that says 'cannot be used with another coupon' after a previous coupon was used for a completely different item.

In my case I had a heck of a time getting a percent-coupon discount on a $160 item because nobody there understood math and they refused to return the expensive item and let me use the same, ignored, coupon to buy it again. It took a half hour arguing with everyone to finally save $24. (15% on $160).

My local store wants rings up a % off coupon as a seperate transaction if you've already used a coupon on another item. IOW if you buy 10 items and have coupons for say 2 of them that are just on those items, save the most expensive item for a separate transaction with the % off coupon, do not try to throw the % off coupon in there too. I learned to do this after enduring their frowns and comments trying to buy it all in one transaction. PITA I know, but thats the HF way:confused:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #863  
At my local store, you can have them ring-up the 20% (or 15%) off item FIRST, then enter the remaining purchases with appropriate coupons and the system will accept everything. The key is that the % off coupon MUST be entered before any other coupons are entered.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #864  
I work at UPS and just about anything oversized like a scooter or whatever in a Chinese cardboard box is going to look like crap by the time it gets to you..

It's some of the thinnest stuff around.

Their best cardboard stock is reserved for the dumplings and pet food.:drool:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #865  
I will admit I've searched all over google trying to find reviews about the 1/2" earthquake and you would be the first I've heard to speak bad about it.

Don't do it!!! The 1" Earthquake (most powerful they sell) won't do what my 1/2" IR 2135TIMAX will do. Not close! I have some heavy equipment that calls for over 1000 ft lbs. and thought - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices would work. It's a joke!
:confused: Please describe how you made this comparison between the 1"EQ and the 1/2"IR
larry

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #866  
Hi Just wondering if any buddy has a wire welder fron h F , and if they are any good? or are you getting what you paid for. They had them on sale last week just about bought one but didn't know any thing about them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #867  
Hi Just wondering if any buddy has a wire welder fron h F , and if they are any good? or are you getting what you paid for. They had them on sale last week just about bought one but didn't know any thing about them.
I have the 90A self shielded model. About the only thing good I can say about it is you really can stick metal together with the power from a std wall socket. Thats the only reason I kept it instead of returning it immediately.
larry

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #868  
:confused: Please describe how you made this comparison between the 1"EQ and the 1/2"IR
larry

Removing lug nuts off of my dump truck. :confused: The 1/2" IR worked fine and the POS Earthquake would only remove them after they were broken loose first. The lug nuts on my motor coach have a higher torque spec listed. I thought a 1" impact would perform better than one half it's size. It didn't by any means. Read; IT'S TOTALLY WORTHLESS!!!! If you're into dumpster diving, you may come across some Earthquake impacts free. Any other questions???

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #869  

I had one. I never could get it to work like I wanted it to. I finally paired it with an old AD helmet and sold it on Craig's List. I went back to welding with my ancient AC stick welder. The wire welder is not one of Harbor Freights best items.

Keep in mind: I am a BIG Harbor Freight fan. It pains me to say it, but you're better off saving your money.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #870  
Removing lug nuts off of my dump truck. :confused: The 1/2" IR worked fine and the POS Earthquake would only remove them after they were broken loose first. The lug nuts on my motor coach have a higher torque spec listed. I thought a 1" impact would perform better than one half it's size. It didn't by any means. Read; IT'S TOTALLY WORTHLESS!!!! If you're into dumpster diving, you may come across some Earthquake impacts free. Any other questions???
Yes. What size air hose and connectors? How long was the hose? How large was the supply tank?