What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer?

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer? #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
I was referring to my trailers the other day as my bumperpull vs. my gooseneck when I realized that it's not actually pulled by the bumper. I have a receiver hitch. In fact, few vehicles actually even have true bumpers anymore.

So, is it accurate to still refer to a trailer that hooks to a receiver hitch as a "Bumper Pull" if it isn't really pulled by the bumper? What else would you call a trailer like this?

This is really important stuff! :rolleyes:

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer? #2  
I was referring to my trailers the other day as my bumperpull vs. my gooseneck when I realized that it's not actually pulled by the bumper. I have a receiver hitch. In fact, few vehicles actually even have true bumpers anymore.

So, is it accurate to still refer to a trailer that hooks to a receiver hitch as a "Bumper Pull" if it isn't really pulled by the bumper? What else would you call a trailer like this?

This is really important stuff! :rolleyes:

A tag-along

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer? #3  
You are right...not a "bumper-pull" :D

How about just "trailer" ?

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer? #4  
I usually just refer to them as a "trailer". "Conventional" seems to be a proper term to use, but just "trailer" seems to work. This is especially true when most will refer to the other styles as "gooseneck" or "5th-wheel".

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer? #5  
We've always used the term "tag"

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer?
You are right...not a "bumper-pull" :D

How about just "trailer" ?

I don't know how that will work...

Customer: "I'm looking for a trailer."
Dealer: "Okay, what kind do you want?"
Customer: "A trailer."
Dealer: "I have some nice gooseneck trailers on the lot."
Customer: "I'd prefer a trailer"
Dealer: "Sure, but what kind of trailer?"
Customer: "A trailer."

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer? #7  
Like Heywood Jonnookitov said tag-along

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer? #8  
We call them bumper pulls around here still and the others are goose neck or 5th wheel.

Chris

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer? #9  
I guess it's a regional thing. Around here they are still called "bumper pull" even though most don't pull them from there either.

/ What Else Do You Call a "Bumper Pull" Trailer? #10  
We call them bumper pulls around here still and the others are goose neck or 5th wheel.

Chris

Which only gets troublesome when someone (else) doesn't know the difference between a 5'th and a goose, so asks you to move one and ASSURES you that it is a (goose or 5'th) and you show up with a truck having (5'th or goose).