chinese maybe!!!

/ chinese maybe!!! #1  

fusses67

considering a chinese tractor around 35hp mark with fel, any feedback on these tractors would be great as there are many models/brands choose from.thnks

/ chinese maybe!!! #2  
Just make sure the dealer is established, responsible, can service and has a good supply of parts.
Seems like some guys bring these in, rebadge 'em...then if they don't sell, abandon the franchise. Then you're on your own unless someone else starts selling them.

/ chinese maybe!!! #3  
considering a chinese tractor around 35hp mark with fel, any feedback on these tractors would be great as there are many models/brands choose from.thnks

my suggestion,,,

Go to the chinese tractor thread and read, read, read, B-4 U buy

/ chinese maybe!!! #4  
I've got some ten foot poles in the garage... Would not get them out to touch a chinese tractor.

mark

/ chinese maybe!!! #5  

Jinma tractors seems to be the most popular brand/MFD here in the USA with the 200 & 300 series being the most popular models. These tractors need a good prep & service prior to be putting to work. We perform a major prep and run them on our dyno prior to selling them and have had very good service out of them. The books that come with the tractors are a lot to be desired ( not much technical assistance). It helps to have a pretty strong knowledge in tractors if your going to be your own mechanic. If the company you purchase from has a repair shop may come in handy if you can't or don't want to do a particular repair / service. We do not sell the China mfd loaders. Koyker & Ansung loaders have been good to us.

You do need to do your home work on which brand and a little history on who you purchase from.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ chinese maybe!!! #6  
Just make sure the dealer is established, responsible, can service and has a good supply of parts.
Seems like some guys bring these in, rebadge 'em...then if they don't sell, abandon the franchise. Then you're on your own unless someone else starts selling them.

I agree with Roy 100%. Be Very Careful. Ken Sweet

/ chinese maybe!!! #7  
I saw a thread on another forum, showing at least 2 Jinmas that had broke in half, with lots of pictures. They could be issues of abuse, but I'd be careful...

/ chinese maybe!!! #8  
I have a Jinma 354 with FEL , Got it in late 2004. It still performs to all my expections,
I use it mainly to log with and to clear limbs and other brush. I updated the FEL hydraulic control valve with a better one From Ranchhand Supply and updated the hoses to adapt to JIC fittings. I put it together from a crate and that went very well.
Other than routine maintainence I have had no problems with the machine.
Oh, I should mention that it only cost me $9999,00 which allowed me to buy some really cool equipment for it.

/ chinese maybe!!! #9  
In 2004, around here you could have bought Jinma for $6000 and Deere for $10000. Prices vary from region to region. Along about that time, we sold a few nicer, cleaned up Jinmas and really got taught hard, eye opening lessons about quality and Chinese tractors. I am sure in about 10-20 years the quality will be right there with Yanmar or Kubota or Kioti or Bobcat. I made sure that everyone I sold was to a good mechanic or a person that had a good mechanic friend. Ken Sweet

/ chinese maybe!!! #10  
It helps to have a pretty strong knowledge in tractors