Rotary Cutter 8' twin spindle shredders - who else loves em?

/ 8' twin spindle shredders - who else loves em?
Scott - I am really interested in how you like pulling with the 50hp HST - I'm betting you'll love it. When engaging try both a "way low" and a "pretty high" throttle - you maybe surprised. Post a pic all the bota bros will love it:thumbsup:

/ 8' twin spindle shredders - who else loves em? #12  
This is addressed to the OP, Do you have any streaking between blades problems when cutting higher, say 6-8 inches? Ken Sweet

/ 8' twin spindle shredders - who else loves em? #13  
Scott - I am really interested in how you like pulling with the 50hp HST - I'm betting you'll love it. When engaging try both a "way low" and a "pretty high" throttle - you maybe surprised. Post a pic all the bota bros will love it:thumbsup:

The 50hp is at my house and the Howse is at the farm, so it might be a while. Maybe October before we do the final mow at the farm. I'm spoiled mowing with the HST. I have been wondering how engaging the PTO with it will go.

/ 8' twin spindle shredders - who else loves em? #14  
This is addressed to the OP, Do you have any streaking between blades problems when cutting higher, say 6-8 inches? Ken Sweet

curious.. do you have a specific application inmind where you routinely cut high?

soundguy

/ 8' twin spindle shredders - who else loves em? #15  
curious.. do you have a specific application inmind where you routinely cut high?

soundguy

Yes, we do that when clipping pasture. We don't want to cut the forage that the cattle need to eat, however, we want to cut the top growth of stems to reduce pinkeye in the cattle and also noxious weed control. Ken Sweet

Ken - I've never tried to mow high - my set-up is back wheels to the last/lowest or one less hole and I'm shooting for a 3" cut- watch out fire ants!:laughing::licking:. The dealer claimed around 2" of blade over lap and the center of the cut is truley smooth but the edges/wheel depresions are noticable. The main problem I see with the "sloped-back-front" design is tall grass can push to the outside and never see the blade. This type of front on mowers is to allow smaller/closer arm cuts to pull and turn but maybe a outside 'gatherer' could force the outside edges to their death! I've read many of your posts and have a sense you've had issues??

/ 8' twin spindle shredders - who else loves em? #17  
Ken - I've never tried to mow high - my set-up is back wheels to the last/lowest or one less hole and I'm shooting for a 3" cut- watch out fire ants!:laughing::licking:. The dealer claimed around 2" of blade over lap and the center of the cut is truley smooth but the edges/wheel depresions are noticable. The main problem I see with the "sloped-back-front" design is tall grass can push to the outside and never see the blade. This type of front on mowers is to allow smaller/closer arm cuts to pull and turn but maybe a outside 'gatherer' could force the outside edges to their death! I've read many of your posts and have a sense you've had issues??

The issue with a 8 ft double spindle cutters has been streaking in the middle, while cutting high (clipping) Since you are not doing that, it is a no problem for you.:thumbsup: Ken Sweet

/ 8' twin spindle shredders - who else loves em? #18  
The issue with a 8 ft double spindle cutters has been streaking in the middle, while cutting high (clipping) Since you are not doing that, it is a no problem for you.:thumbsup: Ken Sweet
Interesting! Thanks for that insight.
larry

Ken - do you sell a 8' twin spindle? I was hoping to hear from some other brand owners - I know there was a post from a woods 8' twin unhappy owner last year - wonder how things worked out

Dead Horse - lets see if I have the right picture in my mind - your pulling a HD 10' with a gear hesston through brush so high it reaches the operators station and you know there are bolders lurking. Your right! a flat rockless pasture is a joy -I'll keep it in mind next time it seems tedious;)

/ 8' twin spindle shredders - who else loves em? #20  
Ken - do you sell a 8' twin spindle? I was hoping to hear from some other brand owners - I know there was a post from a woods 8' twin unhappy owner last year - wonder how things worked out

We won't stock a 8 double spindle of any brand. Most of our local customers are "Clipping" pastures high and the 8's won't satisfy them. We do stock the 10 double spindle. Ken Sweet