Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #122  
Well I found out this morning my lift is just fine on a LA463 on a L2800. I was moving some large beams with the forks attached. I lifted them about 4 feet in the air, it did struggle. I was kind of disappointed at first until I started to back up. The rear tires came off the ground; I did not realize I had so much weight on it. Well that, and I was moving over some soft ground. This is with a bh57 attracted on the rear. Was a little scary, those front wheels don't keep you to stable. I was able to lower the load before the tractor rolled over. I have never done anything to modify the tractor has 200hrs on it. So I have only changed fluid once.

I believe the loader lifting limits is computed at the tips of the FEL arms, taking into account the front axle, bearings, and hyd pump and relief settings.
The hyd cyl can probababy lift more, but they usually state the safe lifting weight. It stands to reason that if you counter balance the FEL with something, you can lift more, but if you lift more than the balance, you will tip fwd.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #123  
Teg, No fluid yet, but I am definitely planning on doing something. This is the first time I have had one of those scary moments. We just started building a house, so I have been using it more for moving materials and doing some of the heavy lifting. I never had to worry about weighing it down before. I only have 2 acres and mostly use it for cutting and tilling the small garden, and sweeping snow. It has done fine with those chores, but we have some trusses to lift hear soon. What fluid would you recommend?

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #124  
Fascinating thread. Makes me wonder if I could increase the pressure on my Kubota excavator. Got a couple slabs of concrete that are a tiny bit too much for it to get completely off the ground. Hmmmmm.....

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #125  
Fascinating thread. Makes me wonder if I could increase the pressure on my Kubota excavator. Got a couple slabs of concrete that are a tiny bit too much for it to get completely off the ground. Hmmmmm.....

I'm sure there is some way to bump it up. Wether it be an adjustable relief valve, or using shims. You may want to see if your owners manual gives details on how to set the system pressure.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #126  
LD1 said:
I'm sure there is some way to bump it up. Wether it be an adjustable relief valve, or using shims. You may want to see if your owners manual gives details on how to set the system pressure.

Yeah I'm doubting that they reinvented the wheel between pumps. It's at least worth checking into. :)7

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #127  
Teg, No fluid yet, but I am definitely planning on doing something.... What fluid would you recommend?
I see that your profile is not filled in... need to know where you are (does it freeze much???) I would go cheap (but that's me :D) Windshield washer fluid or plain antifreeze for the most part. Again depends on how cold as to what % to use. The connection to fill and blead air is cheap ($15, old threads have links to it). Fill a garden hose with antifreeze, hook to water spigot and fill, repeat until the tire is 60-75% full.

I've lifted the rear tires (way too many times) then I would add a heavier implement to help (with loaded tires). I have the parts to bump mine up... but never have needed more capacity... yet!!! Let us know if you need a link to the filler adapter...

(IF you have thorns, you can go with RV antifreeze... non-toxic)

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #128  
I live in northern new mexico, It does get cold, most people don't belive it, but we live at about 8000 ft, and it will drop down to about -15 or so.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #129  
Well, almost two years later and I finally bought a gauge and hooked it to a Q/D for my grapple. At idle I get about 1700 PSI, and at WOT I get almost 1900 PSI. I have always thought that I had plenty of FEL lift (the back gets really light with filled tires and a tiller for counterbalance), but I'm lacking breakout force. It looks like I'm around 400 PSI low, which will definitely help the breakout force if I shim it up to 2300 or so.

The question is, since some of you guys turned the wick up on your pressure almost two years ago, have you noticed any issues or problems yet? What about those of you who turned it up to 2500 PSI?

L2800 HST / LA463 FEL

Regards,

- Just Gary

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #130  
Well, almost two years later and I finally bought a gauge and hooked it to a Q/D for my grapple. At idle I get about 1700 PSI, and at WOT I get almost 1900 PSI. I have always thought that I had plenty of FEL lift (the back gets really light with filled tires and a tiller for counterbalance), but I'm lacking breakout force. It looks like I'm around 400 PSI low, which will definitely help the breakout force if I shim it up to 2300 or so.

The question is, since some of you guys turned the wick up on your pressure almost two years ago, have you noticed any issues or problems yet? What about those of you who turned it up to 2500 PSI?

L2800 HST / LA463 FEL

Regards,

- Just Gary
I set my pressure to spec and I would try yours at the specified pressure first. The relief for the L4400 is about 2500#. What is the pressure relief maximum for the L3400?