World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer?

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #11  
weird... with that width.. couldn't put anything but the smallest SCUT on it.

doesn't look to be setup for a motorcycle...

hmm.. maybee someone with a small pickup like a ranger or s10 needed a gn ????

soundguy

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #13  
almost looks like a small BP trailer that had the GN added on.

soundguy

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #14  
Light duty trailer, for the lightest of work. I can see a pallet guy using it to pick up used pallets to take to the "we buy pallets" or maybe hauling a few sheets of plywood on it to do a home project... who knows, but the trailer isn't worthless, except to maybe somebody that owns a tractor, since it won't haul much in the way of weight due to the light duty axles setup and the suspect strengh of the gooseneck.
I can see somebody building it thinking it would do more, but I can't see me buying it to do less than what I need.
I really hope that was a joke when you said " we found your trailer...."
David from jax

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #15  
I've actually considered finding a trailer like that for behind my S10. My S10 is an '85 4x4 with a 5 speed and the 2.8. It putts around the property doing small, odd jobs for me and whoever else. It also plays a bit too. I would want a trailer like that to throw some small stuff on, like a few bales of straw to go build a target for a bow. Or when we pick up sticks, it could hold much more than the bed of my truck. Maybe put a job box on it with materials for a project at the other end of the farm. Or picking up a go cart or dirt bike, or our little Craftsman without a mower when they run out of fuel and it's not the best to use our loader. Many reasons, but I would never take something like that on the road with my configuration...

Kyle

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer?
Well since Wallace's location says PA, and the trailer is in Northern Wisc, I think it is fair to say he was kidding...

I just fail to see the utility of it. For something that small, why wouldn't it be bumper pull? Any vehicle that can handle a GN should have a ball on the bumper or a receiver, and that is a far more common thing (and easier to use, I'd say) - and plenty to handle that small trailer.

Go figger...

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #18  
Well since Wallace's location says PA, and the trailer is in Northern Wisc, I think it is fair to say he was kidding...

I just fail to see the utility of it. For something that small, why wouldn't it be bumper pull? Any vehicle that can handle a GN should have a ball on the bumper or a receiver, and that is a far more common thing (and easier to use, I'd say) - and plenty to handle that small trailer.

Go figger...

i agree... and truck capable of pulling a gn should be able to tote a bumper pull of that size.. even if it literally was a ball on the bumper.

as for hauling pallates with it.. yuck.. around here 16-20' trailers, stacked 10' tall and full all the way back are what you see on the roads around here..

can see somebody using it that does not have a full truck bed.. like a stepside ranger or similar that you can't put a sheet of plywood in.. but.. heck.. bumper pull would do that AND let you use the bed for cargo.. does make you wonder...

here's one.. how about a kingpin adapter for 5th wheel and haul it behind a semi-truck for the wekend warrior!!

soundguy

soundguy

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #19  
Not only useless, but you can't haul much else in the truck box.

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #20  
I agree its worthless. Even behind a S-10 or Ranger you could put about the same amount in the bed and even more with a bumper pull trailer. I would not use it around the farm because GN trailers take up so much bed space. You would once again do much better with a small BP trailer.

I think it was just someone goofing around with some stuff and made it or maybe a kids project in a welding class.

Chris