World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer?

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #31  
you could it around on a dime though, I could find a couple of uses for it.

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #32  
   / World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #33  
Maybe someone had a custom truck with no bumper or hitch and didn't want one, so they put a gooseneck under their bed cover. Just guessing.

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #34  
I've actually considered finding a trailer like that for behind my S10. My S10 is an '85 4x4 with a 5 speed and the 2.8.

Kyle

I had an '83 S-10 with the 2.8 V6. What a POS that was, so I was amazed when I saw your post saying you had one of these vintage 'Vega Incarnates' still running around.

As for bolting this to the roof of a Yaris....it's sort of been done:
YouTube - 1974 Volkswagen Beetle & Camper - road test

A 54hp VW beetle was pretty gutless to start with; imagine what it would be like with that trailer attached!

BOB

Fairly clever idea. Weren't some guys putting Porsche engines in their bugs back then? If so, that could give the tow vehicle some oomph. If you were wanting to do 360's with that setup, you better undo the safety chains and electrical wire.

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #35  
Weren't some guys putting Porsche engines in their bugs back then? If so, that could give the tow vehicle some oomph.

About 15 years back, I was a mechanic in a German shop, one of the guys had a 1955 beetle with a Porshe motor in it. We took it to Tampa from Gainsville, about 2 hour ride, to a Volkswagon show.

Going 90-110 mph down the interstate in what was supposed to have a 35-40 hp motor passing VW enthusiasts along the way. The looks on their face was priceless.

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #36  
Maybe someone had a custom truck with no bumper or hitch and didn't want one, so they put a gooseneck under their bed cover. Just guessing.

yep.. could be one of them lil fiberglass bumper jobs.. all smooth back there.. and they needed a lil cart to haul their rap cd's and amps for the boom-boom show ;)

soundguy

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #37  
   / World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #38  
yep.. could be one of them lil fiberglass bumper jobs.. all smooth back there.. and they needed a lil cart to haul their rap cd's and amps for the boom-boom show ;)

soundguy

Thats the funniest thing i have read today!

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #39  
It's a wantabe trailer. It's for the guy who has a mini pickup and wants to pull his Sears Craftsman moved behind his truck and look like the big guys.

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #40  
This is one of those things that once pointed out you will see all over the place. Yesterday on my way to work i saw almost an identical trailer in setup and size. It looked to be a 10-12ft long lightduty GN trailer. The only difference was this one has a frame an d like a light fiberglass top or something for some specialty application, it had doors on the side of it that opend up for tool access i guess. Was kind of like the upper portion of a service body truck, but fiberglass and brown in color. The lower portion had no doors and i dont know whats on the bottom cause the doors were only half way down, i guess it had doors from that back. I saw it coming out of a road to turn on the road im on so i did not see the back. After i saw it it was one of those things like i wish i had a pic of.