Buying Advice Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...
Top n Tilt for sure, we've had that on our old one and it's a must.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #12  
I was looking at the M60 but heavy to haul, what do you guys haul these M's with? The L57 would be lighter to haul.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #13  
I don't haul our M, we drive it between farms; our L5030 is not a problem to haul if we ever needed to.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #14  
I have an M-7040. I like it, but the cab leaves something to be desired. The roof is very fragile. If you do ANY work around trees, you'll break the roof in no time. Mine is cracked in 3 or 4 spots. 2 of the spots were not from trees. They just seem to develop stress cracks. My work lights seem to attract branches and rip-off easily. The roof also leaks. Small amounts of water slosh around in the roof which is annoying. Hopefully they redesinged the roof since '07. The rear window tubular gasket also holds water in the bottom.

I would highly recommend the optional cast center wheels and radial tires. Nothing wrong with steel rims & filled bias tires, but they require tubes for rim gaurd. I've had a flat already and the cost to remove & replace tube and refill with Rim gaurd was nasty.

I would also suggest the KSR option to aleviate the shock from the FEL. I will be installing this option myself this winter to make plowing a little more comfortable.

I am uncertain if I will keep this tractor. Considering trading it on a Deere if I can make the numbers work, or repairing the roof, adding KSR & cast wheels in favor of filled tires. Looks like I'll have to dump 3 grand into this tractor to make it a real keeper, or move on to something else.

What I like: Love the engine. Has lots of power and starts instantly. 3pt is very powerful. Visibility is great. Front differential locks up nice and with rears locked together is nearly impossible to get stuck.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #15  
Congratulations on the new tractor. You're going to love it. It is trully a pleasure to play.....urh a Work with. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Still not here....
Looking for advice from you guys, how long should something like this take?

I ordered the tractor on the 17th last month. My dealer said it was going to probably arive on Dec 3rd, it didn't, then he said they were shipping it, on the 9th, and they'd have it on the 10th, and would have it ready by the 14th (tomorrow). So I call today to see how things are going, they shipped the wrong tractor, they are going to ship it on the 15th, which means it might arive the 16th or 17th, plus 2-3 days for assembly... and they don't have the r4 front tires or rims, so I will be borrowing front Ag tires and rims till probably January till they get them.

I'm not buying a tractor for my enjoyment, my old one is down, and I need it to feed the family.
Being in business I understand problems, and have had people get very upset at me for things that just happen and are out of my hands. So before I start getting upset at my dealer, and start putting some demands out, I want to know if I'd be right in doing that, or if 1-1.5 months for a order is normal? This is the first brand new purchase I've ever made on a piece of equipment of this caliber... so thanks in advace for the advice!

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #17  
make sure it is ok to run the r4's on the rear, and ag's on the front. might be a problem with the 4wd.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #18  
Not a good idea to mix the R4s and Ag's, pretty hard if it is even possible to get the right sizes to match up. If the dealer wants to put Ag's front and rear, no worries. :thumbsup: Bad deal with your tractor, but as you know, stuff happens. :( The fan gets dirty if the delivery date goes past next week. After all, I assume that the purchase was made with the delivery date being considered.

Good luck, hope that the dealer comes through for you.

I asked him about the Ags on front and R4's on the rear, thinking that it might not work good using 4 wheel drive, but he said it's no problem. That's why I got on here and asked, doesn't sound right, the ags are taller than the r4s I believe.

The whole thing is bugging me...

I don't see how it would take so long to get 2 wheels and 2 tires, seems like someone in the state would have them?

Last edited:
   / Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #20  
If that is what he is going to do for you, I WOULD NOT RUN IT IN 4x4 MODE. The wrong size tires would be a HUGE no no in my book.

Either do not accept the deal that he is offering or get him to put in writing that he will warranty the drive train and furnish at no charge to you a lender tractor when yours breaks.