Buying Advice Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...
Easier to get around in the forest. I do alot of tree work. More power, smaller size, and more manuverable.
Lot's of implement options too:D
Never had a self leveling bucket, it's amazing.
I loaded our truck full of large pine rounds today cut about 2 feet long each in about 10 minutes. That's the fastest load I've ever done, and I'm not real good at operating the thing yet. Can't wait to get a grapple.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #72  
So when you ordered the M7040, you thought that you were going to use it in the forest?

It's hard to explain the terrian here. We've used a L3600 for 15 years, and it worked good for what we do, I would have done good with the M7040, but it was a little large, not too much worse than the 3600 though. It was a hard choice.
The thing I really like about the track loaders is that it's all tough, there is no worry's about popping a tire, getting a stick through a radiator, etc.
The only thing is I'm curious how the thing will mow. I'm going back and forth between buying a mulching head or a flail mower. I'd go with the mulcher in a heart beat, but the price is pretty crazy.
I think I would have got a track loader in the first place, but I'm used to what I'm used to, and I didn't really think about it.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #74  
Good luck with your new machine, we thought about buying one, but after using one for a month or so decided one wasn't for us. It was great for working in the woods though and great for digging.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #75  
I never can get used to the lousy view from a skid steer compared to a tractor. I know the work in front of you is closer, but the all around view from a tractor cab can't be beat, especially behind and beside the cab

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #76  
I never can get used to the lousy view from a skid steer compared to a tractor. I know the work in front of you is closer, but the all around view from a tractor cab can't be beat, especially behind and beside the cab

We had a Bobcat 864 and a Gehl and in addition to the poor visibility, getting in and out was much more difficult, ride was rough and both tore the ground up really bad. The man who owned the Gehl, also owned tractors, so he used tractors sometimes and skid steer other times. The man who owned the Bobcat used it exclusively in construction.

I am not knocking them; just not for our needs from an either or perspective. I am sure they work great for others.

Done a few jobs so far, I love it!
I agree with the view thing too, I'm going to get a back up cam or two.
The other problem is that my trailer is not heavy duty enough, it looked like my tires were going to explode when I put it on, so I didn't tow it:confused2:
Pretty nice machine!

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #78  
Hello Bud,

Have you decided where you will mount the precleaner as the engine has one air filter intake?

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #79  
To budcampo: You may want to start a new thread dedicated to the track loader. Those with a similar machine may be able to chime in and may not want to wade through 78 posts to discover what you have.