Broke lift rod

/ Broke lift rod #1  

chickenhead

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M59 TLB, Kubota L3300
I have a Kubota L3300 and I was backing up to attach my box blade and the 3 pt was lowered to low and caught the tire an snapped my lift rods. Does anyone think I could weld this back?? It broke where the threaded shaft is welded to the fork. I can not get the threaded shaft out to replaced because there is a push spring in there and I don't know how to release it. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image-3305837124.png
    image-3305837124.png
    834.3 KB · Views: 258
   / Broke lift rod #2  
I have a Kubota L3300 and I was backing up to attach my box blade and the 3 pt was lowered to low and caught the tire an snapped my lift rods. Does anyone think I could weld this back?? It broke where the threaded shaft is welded to the fork. I can not get the threaded shaft out to replaced because there is a push spring in there and I don't know how to release it. Any help is appreciated.
I recently managed to bend the toplink on my Kubota L3830. I was happy to discover that my second generation Kubota dealer kept a large stock of junk/used parts. He was able to repair my toplink for a very reasonable cost.

to disassemble the toplink you remove the grease fitting. This give access to a drift pin through the shaft. You have to line up the grease fitting hole with the drift pin and fish out the drift pin which is a free fit except for the fact it is held in by grease. I suspect your lift rod may work the same way.

/ Broke lift rod #3  
one on my yanmar broke like that. I welded it... should be no problem.

soundguy

/ Broke lift rod #4  

Can it be welded?? Sure.

But without knowing your welding skills or equipment, I would advise against it. And it even looks like the threaded rod is bent, so even if welded, it wouldn't work right.

I can't imagine that part being more than ~$100 from kubota. It actually looks the same as the one on my L3400. And you posibally might even be able to get just the part that is bent for even less $$$. Either way, I wouldn't make any decisions without at least pricing the part.

It would be a shame to be going ~13-14mph down the road with a plow or something on the back, and it break. Digging into the pavement and stopping very quickly wouldn't make for a very good day.

/ Broke lift rod
The replacement part is only around $50 if I can manage to get that pin out to replace it. Thanks for the tips!

/ Broke lift rod #6  
buy a shorty cat 1 top link and weld on the fork and ball from the old unit, after cutting the stock ones off... wala no bend...

soundguy

/ Broke lift rod
The bolt is bent but it still screws in and out, I think I may try to weld it. It dont look like it would be hard to put a better weld on it than the factory did.

/ Broke lift rod #8  
what have you got to loose. it's either ruined beyond use thus replaceable.. or it's fixable.. if it truly is ruined.. you loose nothing but a lil time and a couple welding rods and some electricity in trying... that's a no loose situation...

soundguy

/ Broke lift rod #9  
I saw a replacement unit at a local farm store; If you were in Oregon i'd let you have my old one (I Hydrolicized my tractor)

/ Broke lift rod
I never adjust the lift rod anyhow. I've never had to for any of my implements.