Broke lift rod

/ Broke lift rod #21  
I have a Kubota L3300 and I was backing up to attach my box blade and the 3 pt was lowered to low and caught the tire an snapped my lift rods. Does anyone think I could weld this back?? It broke where the threaded shaft is welded to the fork. I can not get the threaded shaft out to replaced because there is a push spring in there and I don't know how to release it. Any help is appreciated.

Weld it. I'd also put some reinforcing material from the threaded shaft to the bracket thingy. I took my adjustable lift apart to clean it - nobody told me there was an internal pin/stop. I also couldn't find an exploded diagram of the thing anywhere. I ended up completely destroying the threads, but got it out. I was able to get it back in a fair amount using a breaker bar before it seized solid. A replacement from Kubota was $160. Ouch. I decided against replacing it due to cheapness. I'm still using the messed up link, but have to adjust by pulling the top off of the pin and spinning the top adjuster by itself. Luckily, I only have to set up the adjustment a couple of times a year.

If memory serves, you can remove the internal pin via the grease fitting hole. Take out the fitting then spin up the bolt until the pin becomes visible - it is a loose fit in there and should come right out. Could be wrong on this, but that is what I (vaguely) remember.

JayC