what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil?

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil? #1  

stickyburr

welll i know of most old MB deisels will burn straight with preheaters and such .
does anyone know what if any tractors run on pure plant oil or straight vegetable oil ?
i want to get away from buying what i can grow ... ie fuel oil

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil? #2  
welll i know of most old MB deisels will burn straight with preheaters and such .
does anyone know what if any tractors run on pure plant oil or straight vegetable oil ?

I know of a JD 3020 in my area that does but not sure what modifications if any he did to accomplish this.

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil? #3  
Generally speaking most tractors could, technically, run on pure bio-diesel. But they all will require some kind of modification to do it. Pre-heaters, extra filters, etc to keep the fuel system from gumming up.

But no manufacture is going to support/warrant their equipment running on anything more then a 10-20% blended mix.

So it's still a long way off before the day comes.

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil? #4  
Biggest issue is the rubber parts. Seals in the fuel system will get ate up if they are not silicone blend. This can get expensive quick if you trash a injector pump, injectors, ect.

Chris

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil? #5  

the manual for my NH 7610s states that it will run on rapeseed oil, and then oil and filter including fuel filter changes should be stepped up from the regular maintenance schedule...

soundguy

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil? #6  
I spoke to a friend of the fellow with the 3020, he believes it is veg oil with a lubricant additive. You have the wheels turning in my head. If I can track the owner down I will update.

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil? #7  
In case some people reading the thread don't know, please note SVO and Biodiesel are not the same thing.

I know a few people running waste SVO in indirect injection diesels such as old VW's and Kubota motors. The VW has fuel lines and veggie oil tank heated by engine coolant. Its starts and shuts down on normal diesel in the cooler weather.

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil?
lol yea i spelled SVO out . if i can grow it and dont need to convert it to biodiesel .. why would I it adds only more time and expense, i never got this..
i know you can buy a fancy European system that works on almost anything with a single or separate tank better pump and injectors heaters filters valves lines etc... also there are some "older" or simpler engines in cars, atleast, that are more tolerant of straight veggie oil and some (newer and complex) cars that will have to be overhauled. unfortunately my expertise on tractors is riding with grampa a few lol years back. so i would figure i would ask here since i would guess yall know much more of tractors.

adding one last, older tractors are the main search i am doing as i can not justify 20-500 thou on a small 55 acre. so if anyone knows of a better place to look or know of a old or more reasonable price small(bigger than a riding mower though) if i can pick up a older 8n or massey and do the maintence due filters lines lubes that will be done anyway that will work with straight veggie.

ps i read in various places (SOME) yamars and kubota have been used not sure of the modifcations, as it was only a mentioning

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil? #9  
As far as I know, older diesel systems can work on SVO, with modifications like heaters, some additives, maybe some "rubber" parts & filter upgrades, providing they are indirect injection.

Don't know if tractors are there yet, but direct-injection systems, particularly newer common-rail high pressure systems, apparently don't do well with SVO and manufacturers recommend against its use.

/ what tractors will run on 100% straight veggie oil? #10  
Veggie oil is the biggest rubbish you can use. First, there are special quality fuel lines which are suitable for veggie oil, because it eats away rubber.
Our company sold construction machinery filled with bio oil so the customer could get a tax reduction on it. after 2 years all these machines were leaking and though we still offer it as an option, we havent sold one with bio oil in the past few years anymore.
Because all offroad diesel is mixed with 20% biodiesel in Holland, there are lots of problems with bacteria growth in fuel tanks, ruining common rail injection systems. Both the Bosch systems on cummins, as the Denso systems on JD. We recommend customers to use anti bacterial fluid at each and every fill-up.

If you really want to use veggie oil, remember this rule of thumb: Only use it in engines with a mechanical inline pump. French CAV rotary pumps fail quickly, and Bosch rotary VE pumps last a little longer but dont like it either.

To give you a honest advice: Forget it, save yourself the trouble. With limited consumption, you cant break even with the cost of fuel line, filter, pump replacements.