MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not?

/ MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #1  

dlmpsy

Bronze Member
I'm planning on buying the MX5100DT, 4wd with FEL and AG tires. The dealer says they usually fill the rear tires with methanol/water, but if I want the front filled they will do that as well. I will be using the tractor for brush-hogging this year, and only using the loader on occasion (mostly in the winter). I imagine the tractor would be easier to manuever without the FEL, so I find myself wondering if the front tires should be filled as well, logically it seems the tractor may be a little light in the front without the FEL and with the added weight in the back. The terrain is generally flat, but there are some steeper areas. I usually try to go down hills, not up or sideways, but sometimes the unexpected happens. Any insights or suggestions?

/ MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #2  
I have the same tractor, i haven't taken the fel off yet and I've owned it for 2 years. When i know I'll be working in a tight area i just take off the bucket. My fronts aren't filled. I think the manual says not to fill with loader. Good luck
Brian

/ MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #3  
I am not familiar with the MX5100, but I have never filled the front tires on anything or personally known anyone who has. Everyone around here uses suitcase weights in the front for ballast.

/ MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #4  
i have a MX5100 HST 4x4 with fel.an i dont have filled tires on it.i use the fel for added weight.an i have yet to take the fel off.the fel doesnt get in my way as im doing other work.

/ MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #5  
I have the same set-up on a smaller scale. I usually take the loader off to brush hog, tractor's much more agile and lighter steering without the loader. I don't have loaded fronts, there's not enough volume in them to make an appreciable difference anyway. In fact, Kubota says NOT to load the fronts for whatever reason, it's in the owner's manual.

Sean

/ MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #6  
when you load front tires on a 2wd or 4wd drive your just adding stress to the hubbs an bearings.but thats just me.

/ MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #7  
   / MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #8  
   / MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #9  
Unfortunately I don't have my L3940 manual with me, but I seem to remember it stating not to put liquid in the front tires. It does provide thorough info on putting liquid in the rear tires, including only putting enough in to cover the rim, aka until it comes out the shrader valve (leaving some air for compression), how much weight will be added by doing so, etc.

Just made myself a note to look it up in my manual tonight.

/ MX5100DT Filled Tires or Not? #10  
when you load front tires on a 2wd or 4wd drive your just adding stress to the hubbs an bearings.but thats just me.

Could you please explain how that is possible????

That is the MAIN advantage of wheel weights and filled tires. It does NOT add any of the weight to the hubs/bearings etc.

But I do agree with the other poster about it not being enough difference to mess with it. I to have never filled the fronts or know anyone who has. Just not enough volume. Unless you plan on a REALLY HEAVY implement off the back and/or hilly terrain, weight up front should be a non issue.