John Deere Power beyond

/ John Deere Power beyond #11  
Well acording to the JD directions you use the internal plug on units without SCV. What is the valve your kalking about you mentioned it with the splitter. I have 2 6ft hoses that have to be charged thats why I think it has to be bleed.and fluid added to the tractok. Thanks

Your splitter has a valve on it...that's what I was talking about.

Again, the system is self-bleeding so all you have to do is cycle the splitter cylinder to remove the air.

The plug ( "C") is NOT what I am referring to. The directions do not really address the one I am talking about. It is installed in the block that mounts between the SCV and the tranny.

Do you have the screw (plug) in your leftover parts?

/ John Deere Power beyond
Well your going to love thius. Today was nice so I decided to mess with the splitter. Everything checked out but no splitter. I disconnected the kuick connect and started the tractor then pressed the quick connector with a brass shaft and got all kinds of fluid out. Reconnected it and still no splitter. So I disconnected one of the lines to the cylinder and worked the valve, no fluid. Phone time. The teck couldn't figure it out but he said to check the check ball and spring under a nut near the valve lever. Well I would but there was no spring or ball, WOW how the H#$% is this thing going to work with out that stuff. Moral there sending me a new valve. I'am glad I didn't take the tractor apart. Thanks for your help and I'll post when I get the valve to let ya know it it works.

/ John Deere Power beyond #13  
Don't you guys just love a happy ending?

Nce job, rjslota!

Ya can't make this stuff up. I made a mess but I think I found the problem. I'am just happy I didn't take the tractor apart first.

/ John Deere Power beyond #15  
He never did say if he installed the PB screw, and where are the pictures of what was under the cap and nut on the log splitter valve. Just don't make sense. Was that a new log splitter?

If you did not install the screw in the PB port, it is not going to work right.

/ John Deere Power beyond #16  
Good luck:thumbsup:

Goodmornin, I looked at the directions again for the 10 bizzilionth time. You mentioned a screw?? I see what you mean but the directions are split into 2 parts. #1 "Installing" Hydraulic Block, tractors without SCV. Like a front end loader which I have. In that section they want you to insert a new internal plug and replacing a cap with an O-ring in the replacement block. now in #2 "Replacing" Hydraulic Block, it dosn't want you to do that, ya just put the new block in as supplied. Trust me it's still driving me nuts but it seems clear as mud in the directions that it dosn't mention the screw, plug in the replacement block. I just wish I hade someother att for the power beyond system to hook up and test just to put to rest the screw job issue. Well thanks and I'am still messing with it waiting for the new valve from the splitter co.

Look at the picture below, You have to install the screw (#17) in the block that's between the valve and the tranny. It blocks the flow of oil back to the tranny case and diverts it into the OUT port of your PB lines. When this is not in place, your two valves (on the splitter and FEL) are in parallel and neither will operate correctly.

I see what your talking about but the directions don't tell ya to put it in when you have a SCV. As I installed the block the tractor is working fine, loader and 3pt hitch. I'll try and put the 2 pages of the directions on for you to see. Thanks 102_2241.JPG

102_2242.JPG

/ John Deere Power beyond #19  
RJ, I have the instructions...I know they don't tell you-I am trying to!. That is why I wrote this in my other reply:

The plug ( "C") is NOT what I am referring to. The directions do not really address the one I am talking about. It is installed in the block that mounts between the SCV and the tranny.

Do you have the screw (plug) in your leftover parts?

The block they gave you in the kit is IDENTICAL to the one you removed and you MUST install the screw!

I went through the same thing with mine when I installed the PB kit and had to take it back apart to install it.

Once again I ask: Do you have the screw in with the leftover parts?

OK, I didn't check what I have left over, I always look at that as a job well done when you have stuff left over. So you had the same problem? I think tomorrow I'am going to disconnect the return quick connect and start the tractor and engage the splitter valve, QUICKLY. If it moves then that tells me the 2 lines were, are, charged and working against each other, thats why its not working. Sound logical??? I assumed everything was OK because everything on the machine was working normaly. I even pressed the quick connect while it was running to make sure It was pumping and it was, MESS. By the way THANKS for your input, I'll keep you informed. If you want my email rjslota@comcast.net it might be easier then this site I always have trouble retriving the old messages, am I doing it wrong or will I ever figure it out. Thanks Ray