how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor?

/ how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor?
Did not do a good job of explaining by "cheapest " in my original post. I was concerned someone would suggest some commercial way to do it that would cost a ton of money. I will only do this once a year....but holding a 5gallon can over a small funnel over a small hole without help seemed to be more of a challenge than I could handle. I was not sure if there was a simple hand pump that would pump out oil into the tractors tank. I am working on a lawnmower with hydraulics and the rear differential is not large. Will probably just pour it into a gallon or so container then use that and a funnel to pour into the tractor. I dont believe in reinventing the wheel if someone else has already done it! Thanks for all the responses!

/ how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor? #12  
5g bucket, in-lid, pump is the next best...

soundguy

/ how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor? #13  
Harbor Freights 12volt diesel/light oil pump, when its on sale and using one of their 20% off coupons. Got mine for less than 90 bucks, tax included. Not cheaper than a funnel or hand pump, but worth it at my age.

/ how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor? #14  
i think barbor freight also sells a manual 'pail' pump..

these 2 are both less than 10$.. latter one is 2$ more and really made fo rthe 5g bucket.. hmm.. I may need to get one of those.. :)

Multi-Use Transfer Pump

5 Gallon Pail Pump

/ how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor? #15  
Not to sound like a smart *** but i use a funnel. One of those big like 10" round ones with the screen in the bottom.

/ how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor? #16  
Last edited:
   / how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor? #17  
i use a cheap screw on spout that i got at my john deere dealer years ago. it simply screws on the threaded end of the 5 gallon can, then i pop the breather on the can, tip and pour.

heres a few pictures. it has always worked great

then again, for what they sell the 5 gal of oil for....it should come with a built in installer:licking: :laughing: :drink:

Attachments

• 0319111206.jpg
    0319111206.jpg
    775.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 0319111207.jpg
    0319111207.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 135
   / how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor? #18  
i think barbor freight also sells a manual 'pail' pump..

these 2 are both less than 10$.. latter one is 2$ more and really made fo rthe 5g bucket.. hmm.. I may need to get one of those.. :)

Multi-Use Transfer Pump

5 Gallon Pail Pump

*rubs chin* while i don't like idea of having to prop bottom of the piston onto something just to pump oil. it sure would be nice to be able to keep an eye on the oil level.

/ how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor? #19  
I hear ya.. keep an eye on oil check plugs while pumping without straining.. less chance to loose spout and oil up side of tractor too.

I think I'll be getting one. already have a 55g barrell pump..

soundguy

/ how do you transfer the 5g hydr oil to your tractor? #20  
FYI -The HF 5 gal pump will require over 300 strokes to empty a 5 gallons pail.