Good well flow rate?

/ Good well flow rate? #11  
They had drilled one about a 1/4 mile away for an RV park, he said it produces 80gpm.

We don't live to far from the San Jacinto River so we have great water here. One well driller said this is some of the finest water quality around. Our house is 30 years old, original pipes and there is no lime or anything in them. I know we have some dissolved calcium in it, figure that's probably why my bone density is so good for an old lady!

/ Good well flow rate? #12  
Thats great - sounds more like a small stream than a well! Normally if you get 5-10 GPM that will suffice for most homes.

I would look at the static water height and probably set the pump a bit above the area where the high flow is occuring because at that rate a submersible pump could get pushed around wearing out the wires or damaging the pump eventually.

Anything over 5 is supposed to be good. My well produces 12 and I can run two hoses at the same time. I suspect your bragging, lol.:laughing:

/ Good well flow rate? #13  
My well was only 2 gpm when drilled in 2000 which was a bad drought year here. So it may be more now. The pump is down 440 ft and the static level is way up at 17 ft so we have alot of storage. Over 500 gal. We have never had a problem.

/ Good well flow rate? #14  
Most of the wells in my area are around 5 GPM. One near by well is at 30 GPM which is unreal. Your 50 GPM is huge. :D

We have 15 GPM which is excellent. I think our pump is 5 GPM.

Later,
Dan

/ Good well flow rate? #15  
I don't want to come off as bragging, but I had a well drilled at my farm that produces 60 GPM. The well driller said that I had enough water to establish a mobile home park.:)

The well driller dowsed to determine the exact drilling location. I realize that there is no scientific basis for dowsing, but it didn't hurt in my case.

Steve

/ Good well flow rate? #16  
I had an old shallow well and it did OK until the 2007 drouth and then I ran out of water and had to look about putting in a new well. They drilled for 2 days and the drill operator asked me how much water I wanted and i replied enough to run the house and wash the truck and take care of the garden... he laughed and said you have 175 gallons a minute and that is more than the city of Concord. I was shocked to say the least. The well excedes my pump ...what a surprise.

/ Good well flow rate? #17  
I he laughed and said you have 175 gallons a minute and that is more than the city of Concord. I was shocked to say the least. The well excedes my pump ...what a surprise.

That makes my 60 GPM a mere trickle.:eek:

Am I correct in thinking that you are located in Cabarrus County? My farm is located in Iredell county.

Steve

/ Good well flow rate?
Thanks for the feedback. This will be the first time I've had a well.

/ Good well flow rate? #19  
I don't want to come off as bragging, but I had a well drilled at my farm that produces 60 GPM. The well driller said that I had enough water to establish a mobile home park.:)

The well driller dowsed to determine the exact drilling location. I realize that there is no scientific basis for dowsing, but it didn't hurt in my case.

Steve

i never believed in dowsing either, until i had someone show me how to do it. I was trying to locate a 2" waterline - 5 feet underground and wasn't sure where it was. My wife was by my side and was a total skeptic. after locating the same spot 4 times in different directions, i got on the mini ex, and dang if i wasn't exactly where the wand said it would be.

kind of spooky scary that is

/ Good well flow rate? #20  
ye we were looking for a pipe at work water company came out to help find a leak they pulled out the bent wire and sure enough on the blue print water main was right there