Kubota GR2110 ??

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #1  

BuckeyeWilly

Tractor
Kubota BX2370
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for a tractor for mowing grass only. I have a BX24 that I want to keep set up with backhoe and FEL. I mow about 4 acres total with some decent inclines, especially back by our pond. Because of the hills I have pretty much elimated the zero turns. Wife and I stopped at our Kubota dealership and he showed us the GR2110 and I really liked the looks and the turning radius of the tractor.

So last night I come home and do a search on the forum to see what everyone says about this mower and wow :confused2: , it sounds like the worse tractor Kubota ever built. Has Kubota corrected some of the problems I read about? If not, what would you recommend as far as a mowing only tractor? Right now I am open to all styles and brands.

Thanks, Willy

I had accidently posted this in the John Deere forum so I copied and pasted in the correct forum. Hope thats not a problem!! Getting old.

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #2  
I have one and you can read my thoughts on a previous post. I personally would not recommend it. I love most things about it but if you have hills it is not suited. Not only slow. but my experience finds after it warms up forget the hills. It won't back out of it's own tracks on a hill.
I wish had done some research on it before jumping on it.

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #3  
I have a GR2110 with about 100 hours on it. I purchased it new in 2009. Used only for mowing grass, and snowblowing last winter. I have an L35 for heavier work.

I have experienced zero problems. I bought it to work on hills, since my yard has about a 20%-30% grade over a significant portion. I have the R4 tires, but it doesn't seem to mar the lawn too much. The only time I have run out of traction was trying to pull a lawn roller uphill. Tires started to spin. I took out about half the water and it works fine.

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #4  
I bought a GR2000 in 06.Has 200hrs on it now and I'm well pleased with it.I mowed this hill in the video(30deg) last weekend in the rain and the ground was muddy with 4" of rain previously.Only slid backwards one time when all four tires spun out near the top.

As far as the power issue in reverse,that can be remedied by adjusting the linkage and shaving the bottom of the pedal where it hits the floorboard.

I still think these tractors are the best bang for the buck.The only tractor that's comparable is an X729 AWS that is half again as much money.

/ Kubota GR2110 ??
Thanks for the video Locknut. Sure like how the 2000 handles. How is it equipped? HP, deck size etc. I have hills like that to contend with also. I am definitely going to be talking to my dealer about the issues discussed on this forum.

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #6  
****, I wish mine would mow like that. I talked to the dealer again and they are sending a tech over Wed.
Does yours mow like that after an hour of mowing?
The dealer talked to someone at Kubota and they said sometimes the sealant they use putting the tranny together gets in some tubes and they are going to try to blow them out.
I wish I had a digital recorder so I could show you what it does. It won't even back over a two inch step into the barn without a run for it.

Gr2110.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kubota GR2110 ?? #7  
I had the earlier model gr2100. It would not climb a hill either. Mine had a bagger on the machine which added more weight. After running awhile, it would not climb a hill and would go into hydro-lock half way up. In the video you can see it struggles close to the top. If that hill was twice as long, I don't believe it would make it. They have fixed many things on this model over the years (axles, seat, glide steer cables etc..) but this machine either needs lower gearing or a high & low range.

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #8  
From watching and using the 2 GR2100 around here , I think the same money is better spent on whatever BX you can get for the same cash ....... my 2c ;)
They're alot of money for not much product .

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #9  
Thanks for the video Locknut. Sure like how the 2000 handles. How is it equipped? HP, deck size etc. I have hills like that to contend with also. I am definitely going to be talking to my dealer about the issues discussed on this forum.

It's the gas model with 20 horse Kohler and standard 48" deck.

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #10  
****, I wish mine would mow like that. I talked to the dealer again and they are sending a tech over Wed.
Does yours mow like that after an hour of mowing?
The dealer talked to someone at Kubota and they said sometimes the sealant they use putting the tranny together gets in some tubes and they are going to try to blow them out.
I wish I had a digital recorder so I could show you what it does. It won't even back over a two inch step into the barn without a run for it.

Gr2110.jpg

Yes,it would still mow like that after an hour of mowing,but it does pull better when the fluid is cooler.

There may be some issues with yours and you definitely need to do the reverse pedal adjustment mod.