Kubota GR2110 ??

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #11  
I had the earlier model gr2100. It would not climb a hill either. Mine had a bagger on the machine which added more weight. After running awhile, it would not climb a hill and would go into hydro-lock half way up. In the video you can see it struggles close to the top. If that hill was twice as long, I don't believe it would make it. They have fixed many things on this model over the years (axles, seat, glide steer cables etc..) but this machine either needs lower gearing or a high & low range.

Yes,they have made some improvements since the first run models,like the hydro upgrade,better seat,better Glidesteer cable routings.The only issue left is the grunt factor.It's just geared too high to pull that kind of weight up a steep incline.A two speed would be perfect.

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #12  
Here are two pictures of the hills that my GR2110 has gone up and down (mostly forward, but an occasional small reverse) without an issue.

From the other posts, I guess I got one of the good ones.

Attachments

• IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 341
  • IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 394
   / Kubota GR2110 ??
I appreciate all the responses guys. I am going to look at a John Deere this morning. Really need a 4 WD because of the pond area and looking at the Deere X728 which looks like an additional 3 grand. Wow!!

Really want to buy a Kubota and just find it hard to believe that Kubota has had these issues with the GR2110 and not corrected them. Seems like a 2 speed (low/high range) would solve the major issue.

Definitely not buying today but do want to look at the Deeres.

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #14  
Up until last year, I owned a John Deere SX320 (about $4,000), which is one of their intermediate quality tractors. A belt guide broke every 2 years, which also destroyed the single serpentine v-belt. It was just past the 2 year warranty (I think they're 4 years now), but JD fixed it free. The guy from the JD dealer who picked up & dropped off my tractor told me the 100 series were notorious for this problem & should never have happened to mine. The same belt guide broke again after another 2 years, again destroying the expensive kevlar belt.

I couldn't figure out where this broken belt guide was even located, so I had it fixed by a small engine repair shop near me & they weren't able to obtain the belt guide from JD, so had to fabricate one. To fix this & tune up a push mower cost me around $350. I had enough & sold this JD lemon. I bought a used Kubota GR2100 with about 160 hours on it. Outside of a (drivers) seat that came loose, I've had no other problems with it, so far. I bought it from a dealer, but spoke to the original owner, & he had no problems with it, but traded for a BX because he wanted a loader. You could tell he babied this machine. I changed the tranny fluid at 180 hours & there were no traces of shavings or the "famous" brass washer to be found.

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #15  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A*I'm looking for a tractor for mowing grass only.
B* I have a BX24 that I want to keep set up with backhoe and FEL.
I mow about 4 acres total with some decent inclines, especially back by our pond. Because of the hills I have pretty much elimated the zero turns. Wife and I stopped at our Kubota dealership and he showed us the
GR2110 and I really liked the looks and the turning radius of the tractor.

So last night I come home and do a search on the forum to see what everyone says about this mower and wow :confused2:

C* it sounds like the worst tractor Kubota ever built. Has Kubota corrected some of the problems I read about? If not,
D*what would you recommend as far as a mowing only tractor?
Right now I am open to all styles and brands.

Thanks, Willy

A*Like this ?

B* That's what I do with this one.
C*That about the size of it.
D*Kubota BX1500 BX 1530 or BX1560.

1*I bought a GR2000 in 06.Has 200hrs on it now and I'm well pleased with it. 1*The GR2000 is not the same tractor as the
2*I still think these tractors are the best bang for the buck.
3*The only tractor that's comparable is an x700 that is half again as much money.
1*The GR2000 is not the same tractor as the GR2110 that has had all the problems.
2*The GR2110 certainly wasn't .
3*Another comparable is the Kubota G2160 but like the x700 it's much more money .
My kubota Dealer don't even stock them because you can get the much better BX1860 for about the same or less money .

From watching and using the 2 GR2100 around here ,
4* I think the same money is better spent on whatever BX you can get for the same cash ....... my 2c ;)
5*They're alot of money for not much product .
4*I know it is .
A new new or used BX1500 BX1830 or BX1860 is a tough nut to crack.I don't recommend the BX1850 because of the jerky tranny .
5*You got that rite concerning the GR2100:cool:.

Last edited:
   / Kubota GR2110 ??
Well the John Deere dealership did not have an X728 ro 729 to try out so I drove an X700. It's a nice tractor but I really wanted to drive one with the 4 wheel steer. He gave me a price of $10,619 on the X728 and $11,349 on the X729 which has 4WD/4WS.

We then went to the Kubota dealership, which is only about 500 yards down the road, to talk to the dealer about the GR2110 and all the bad reviews I had been reading on here. He admitted they did have problems with them but took care of all those issues and have not had any problems over the last couple of years.

I told him that I had crossed the GR off my list and that I wanted a price on a BX1860 with a 54" deck. His price - $10,500. I am strongly considering the BX because I already know what this tractor can do. This would free up my BX24!!

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #17  
I wasn't trying to talk you into buying a GR2110, by telling you that, so far, am very please with my GR2100, and am sure you'll find others that bought them, don't find them to be a terrible model.

The only point I was making regarding my dissatisfaction with my John Deere SX320, is that at least some models of the John Deere don't live up to the hype either. After having a problematic (while it was still under warranty) Cub Cadet, I thought I was being smart buying a John Deere this time around. Well, I still owned the CC for more than twice as long as the JD.

Just before I sold the JD, I fired off a complaining email to JD customer support, hoping they might at least offer me some sort of special factory trade in allowance on an upgrade tractor, for my lemon. JD replied that they were "sorry" because I was dissatisfied with their product, which encouraged me to send them another email to thank them so much for being "sorry" for me, but they should also feel sorry for the guy that ends up buying that SX320 from me, and I told them I would never buy another JD product. Well, I didn't hear back on that one. I'm on my 3rd Kubota purchase & think I'll stick with them.

Last edited:
   / Kubota GR2110 ?? #18  
This is the reason why I got the last G2160-60 that the dealer had, and also the fact that it shares the same deck as the BX2230.

The concept that you have for the second mower is good the only thing about the BX vs the G/GR is the BX has a lot wider turn radius and the ROPS can get in the way of the fruit trees. Fuel consumption is better with the G2160 also as it is alot lighter and has less drivetrain to move.

Kubota is up to the GR2120 series now and hope they got all the problems solved now.
Kubota Tractor Corporation - Mowers | GR Series GR2020/GR2120

David Kb7uns

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #19  
I wasn't trying to talk you into buying a GR2110, by telling you that,
1* so far, am very pleased with my GR2100, and am sure you'll find others that bought them, don't find them to be a terrible model.

2* That's why , it's a 2100 not a 2110. :)

/ Kubota GR2110 ?? #20  
2* That's why , it's a 2100 not a 2110. :)

3* I was simply trying to point out that the earlier model, the GR2100, had more problems than the GR2110. Many of the "bugs" were ironed out before they changed the model name & it would seem there should be more happy owners of the 2110. Not to say, that overall, the BX might be a better product choice overall. It does give you the option of adding a loader. I personally also own a B2510, with rear mounted 5' Woods mower and 51" Meteor snow blower. They no longer make this larger frame tractor, and I believe Kubota probably figured the smaller BX would satisfy most homeowners.

Last edited: