ferrari 006.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 160
  • ferrari 009.jpg
    ferrari 009.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 141
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #82  
Although Volvos have never been known as sports cars or coupes,/QUOTE]

Roy; look up Volvo P 1800.:thumbsup:

Some of us older fellows just don't fit the sport in image anymore. Once into the little car we can't get out or is it once out we can't bend enough to get back in!:laughing::laughing:

I have owned a few Austin Heally Sprites both the slab side as well as the bug eyed ones. I prefer the bugeye by a wide margin. A bugeye with a Mazda rotary and tranny/driveline, axle etc is a very sporty combo. Does 130MPH in a heartbeat.

At 6' 2" and about 240-250 lbs (then) I didn't so much get into a Sprite as "put it on" like a "car suit." Once in it was as cozy as a fighter cockpit.

Was a time when sports cars were distinguished from small powerful expensive cars by a simple test. Does it have roll up windows or does it have side curtains.

For the uninitiated among us... http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/top/top110.htm

Side curtains are removable transparent side windows NOT RELATED to air bags.

Pat

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #83  
Pat, my 1962 Sprite was strictly stock, so 100 mph was about top speed. And I also remember that pulling Dad's 16' Texas Maid Fiesta boat behind it would cut my gas down for 38 mpg to 26 mpg.:laughing:

And yep, it had side curtains with a bag to put them in when you took them off and put them in the trunk. So there was no exterior door handle and no door lock at all. You just slid the back part of the side curtain forward and reached inside to open the door.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #84  
I wonder if my Seville with the 32 valve Northstar is considered a sportscar?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #85  
That is a nice looking ride was it imported from Detroit?

Thanks for the compliment. The Dodge Challengers, Chargers and Chrysler 300C's are all made on the same assembly line in Brampton Canada, so no, not really made in Detroit.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #86  
Was a time when sports cars were distinguished from small powerful expensive cars by a simple test. Does it have roll up windows or does it have side curtains./QUOTE]

What happened to Sir Lucas?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #87  
Was a time when sports cars were distinguished from small powerful expensive cars by a simple test. Does it have roll up windows or does it have side curtains./QUOTE]

What happened to Sir Lucas?

The Prince of Darkness...and the reason the Brits drink warm beer!

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #88  
Back in 1975, I lusted for a new Corvette, but was only making $4 an hour so I was driving a Nova instead. Back in '88, I moved to the country, had been saving money for a Vette but found myself with several acres to mow, so the savings went for a Deere 318 instead.

In late 2002, I took early retirement from my job, and had a nice cash payout that I thought about putting down on that dream car...but I looked at my property, and my aging 318, and decided to buy my new CUT instead.

When I wanted a sports car, I couldn't afford one. My tractor is long since paid for, as is our house, and I could easily afford my dream Corvette now. But the truth is, I don't really WANT one anymore.

Story of my life, I guess. This is funny though, my younger brother has owned three Corvettes, a '65 396 roadster, a '74 coupe, and now has an '80 coupe. Cannot really understand owning a car that sits in the garage 10 months of the year.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #89  
Those 2002's (especially the Ti and Tii models) are what made BMW's reputation as sporting machines. Nice cars!!
They are prone to rust and body parts might be difficult to obtain. I think they still have a pretty good following by BMW enthusiasts though.

Had a friend who owned a 2002, he said the only way you could keep rust from starting was to buy one new and never drive it, just store it in a climate controlled garage and it would be fine. And he lived outside of the rust belt.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #90  
I'll give it a try although I haven't done this before so bear with me.

The Miami Vice car in red! Cool.

(you did fine with the photos, BTW)