cross over relief valve

/ cross over relief valve #11  
Crossover will protect ONLY the extended plow edge by diverting the oil to the retracted side.
Plow snow to the curb and hit the curb and there is no protection
Plow away from curb towards center of the road and you are protected from curb blows .
Pushing with plow straight and both corners are protected.
The usual crossover setting is about 1500 PSI on plows, but most are adjustable somewhat.

/ cross over relief valve #12  
Fisher Insta-act Plows set their main reliefs at 1750 psi and the cross-over reliefs at 4000 psi ( max rating of hyd cyls)

/ cross over relief valve #13  
Meyers Electrotouch E-47 main reliefs are set at 1650 and the X-over-PRV @ 3000psi

/ cross over relief valve
Here is what Prince has for a product description. Looks like it is not only a cross over but a cushion valve as well............what is a cushion valve?

The PRINCE valve model DRV is a differential poppet type double relief. The double relief is used in systems that require cross over relief protection such as a reversible hydraulic motor, or systems that require a cushion valve such as double acting cylinders.

/ cross over relief valve #16  
A cushion valve bleeds some pressure through a orifice to keep from an abrupt slam at the end of the cylinder stroke, mostly towards the last inch of travel or so. Depends on application that you would be using it for.

/ cross over relief valve #19  
Hmmm,. now this post has me confused. I have a new Quick Attach loader mounted plow that i have never used before. I simply attached the double acting cylinder into my rear remote port. Am i supposed to add a cushioning valve or ???? also?
thanks

/ cross over relief valve #20  
Hmmm,. now this post has me confused. I have a new Quick Attach loader mounted plow that i have never used before. I simply attached the double acting cylinder into my rear remote port. Am i supposed to add a cushioning valve or ???? also?
thanks

Well thats what I have , spring loaded mold board, no cross over valve and in 20 years no issues. I do not have curbs.