Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?
Sure. Individual stories about various brands or origins don't really give you a true picture of what reliability is like. I mean I still see Yugos driving around from time to time.

And like I said, my supposedly reliable Japanese coup is burning oil like crazy. I've had Nissans now continuosly since 1984 and they have all been super reliable. Of course my coupe is still running like a champ and its going to the track again in Feb. But the engine in this model year has been plagued with oil consumption problems (I discovered this after I bought it, naturally) and it is very disappointing to me. I am probably going to trade it soon. I can keep adding oil every 1500 miles but I really don't want to own it when it finally loses compression and bites the bullet.

But, I may replace it with an 08 350Z GT (not known to have this oil issue).

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #252  
Ok, I think the spirit of the thread was to show off your sports cars. Let's see some pics!!

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?
I think I posted this already:

DSC3142.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #254  
I had a 1990 Honda CRX Si. It was a pretty light 2-seater hatchback & was pretty fast. I put a free-flowing exhaust system on it (what catalytic converter??) & a bigger cam & that made a big difference. (I'm no great mechanic, but was surprised at how easy it was to install a new cam since it's located right on top of the engine & easily accessible)

I lowered it, too, like the one in the pic, & got aftermarket wheels/ tires, & it handled very well. Although I never got into autocross, I think these were pretty common at those events.

Maybe a little bit silly looking now that I see it again, but at the time I loved it. Typical very well-built Honda quality ... & great gas mileage! :thumbsup:

28r1apd.jpg

Those CRX si's were a scary fast production car, it would nearly tear the steering wheel out of your hands while power shifting it...I loved those when I worked for Honda....Very difficult to insure at the time, for obvious reasons.:thumbsup:

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #255  
Those CRX si's were a scary fast production car, it would nearly tear the steering wheel out of your hands while power shifting it...I loved those when I worked for Honda....Very difficult to insure at the time, for obvious reasons.:thumbsup:

A friend bought one new for commuting... he loved that car!

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #256  
Does my project count?:)

Attachments

• SDC11681.JPG
    SDC11681.JPG
    975.9 KB · Views: 133
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #257  
Sutol said:
Does my project count?:)

Cool! In my book it does. Takes a hard core enthusiast to get that deep into a car.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #259  
Sutol; that poroject counts. Put a nice suspension under it, a good tube frame and a 383 under the hood and have fun.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #260  
Sutol:

The only problem with your project is it's "BRITISH". Get a nice Italian car and have some real fun!