Finding that car again!

/ Finding that car again! #21  
There were two for me: A '63 Chevy Impala and a '67 GTO. I still dream about the '63 sometimes and I sold it back in '71.

/ Finding that car again! #22  
There were two for me: A '63 Chevy Impala and a '67 GTO. I still dream about the '63 sometimes and I sold it back in '71.

Two for me, also. First was the 1956 black and white Mercury Montclair convertible (2 years old when I got it) and then the 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner that I bought new.

/ Finding that car again! #23  
I wish I had the 1973 Camero z28 that my oldest brother bought new. It was midnight blue with white stripes. Those cars bring some big $$$ these days. I know he wishes he still had it!

/ Finding that car again! #25  
I owned both a 70 Challenger and 70 Road Runner at one time. I can't say I regret selling them, it was so much work to keep them in show condition and running well. Of the two, I miss the Challenger the most. It was a non Rt 383 4bbl, convertible, automatic, air conditioning, power windows, 3.23 sure grip. It was a very loaded car for the day. I spent about 3 years restoring it during the late 1980's, and continued to put NOS parts on it over the years. By the time I sold it, just about every piece of trim was either brand new or completely restored. The color is called Burnt Orange Mettalic.

I susbscribe to Hemmings Muscle Machines, and the latest issue lists auction reports for a trio of '70 Challenger coupes in #2 and #3 condition, the top bid was for a #2 condition R/T with a 383/727 Torqueflite and that bid was $46,000, they said it should have gone for $50,000 but the paint was somewhat flawed. Sorry you sold your ragtop, it looks really, really beautiful.

Back when I had my Mach 1, I knew a lot of other guys with muscle cars but we never thought they would be worth much down the road. My brother...back in 1985 he got a '65 Stingray convert with the original big block 396 and factory sidepipes...he sold it because his girlfriend could not drive a stick...and has been kicking himself the last fifteen years.

/ Finding that car again! #26  
My '56 Olds 98 with every option or my '50 Cadillac with very few options.

/ Finding that car again! #27  
My '56 Olds 98 with every option or my '50 Cadillac with very few options.
A Cadillac with very few options!? Never...

/ Finding that car again! #28  
Never got rid of mine. Its a 55chevy 2 door sedan with a 500hp small block with a 4:11 rear. Ive had it since im 19. Its behind the kubota, only pic I have on this phone.

ForumRunner_20120131_133007.png

/ Finding that car again! #29  
Only car I ever wish I had kept was the '70 Mach 1 I purchased new for $3200. Grabber Blue with white vinyl seats, 351 4V Cleveland, Hurst shifted 4 speed, 3.50 Traction-Lok, Rim-Blow steering wheel, Shaker hood scoop, Sport Slats...got $900 trade in value 3 years later.

The same car would probably set me back $35,000 today...which means even if I found one, I couldn't afford to buy it.

Lots of found memories driving from SF to Vancouver Canada at age 16 in a 71 Mustang Convertible with 351 Cleavland and Hurst Shifter... I had forgotten about the Rim-Blow horn on the steering wheel...

Drove it for two years and sold it for a little more than I had paid...

/ Finding that car again! #30  
This "Hurst", is it a specific type of shifting, or a transmission ?