Newbie mf 135 owner

/ Newbie mf 135 owner #1  

yuridog

Tractor
mf 135 contenintal z134
Anyone know how to adjust a carb on a MF 135 continental z134 4 cyl gas engine?

Thanks

/ Newbie mf 135 owner #3  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Massey Ferguson Owning/Operating Forum.

/ Newbie mf 135 owner
1967 mf 135 deluxe with the marvel-Scribner carb ( Continental z-134, 4 cylinder gas engine).

I have checked the timing & it is at 5 degree...points are set right 21 & good condition....plugs/wires & distributor are good. I use non ethanol premium gas.
The carb has an idle air/gas screw with a spring around it & a larger gas/air mixture screw. I am not a mechanic, however, I try to take care of my baby myself....Don't trust anyone else with her...LOL

I am having a difficult time try to get her to run & idle smoothly...

Thanks very much for your help!!! I hope this helps you.

Dennis

/ Newbie mf 135 owner #6  
1967 mf 135 deluxe with the marvel-Scribner carb ( Continental z-134, 4 cylinder gas engine).

I have checked the timing & it is at 5 degree...points are set right 21 & good condition....plugs/wires & distributor are good. I use non ethanol premium gas.
The carb has an idle air/gas screw with a spring around it & a larger gas/air mixture screw. I am not a mechanic, however, I try to take care of my baby myself....Don't trust anyone else with her...LOL

I am having a difficult time try to get her to run & idle smoothly...

Thanks very much for your help!!! I hope this helps you.

Dennis

Welcome to TBN-join the fun:thumbsup:
It's Marvel Schebler. Find the carb number and then google it. You should find the info you need.

/ Newbie mf 135 owner #7  
I have checked the timing & it is at 5 degree...points are set right 21 & good condition....plugs/wires & distributor are good.

Before adjusting the carburetor, you should verify that you have a good spark. Have you checked/replaced the condenser? They can cause the tractor to run rough and have idle problems. It's less likely, but the coil can sometimes do the same.

/ Newbie mf 135 owner
Thank you very much & I'll go out & check the condenser. I really do appreciate all the help!! I am trying to figure out how to upload my photos as we speak....thanks to all!!!

Thanks much!!!!!

/ Newbie mf 135 owner
How in the heck does one post a photo with your name?

Dennis

/ Newbie mf 135 owner #10  
Are you sure its a Z-134?? I've got a '67 135 Delux (all five gauges) with the Z-145 Cont..do you still have the plate on the left side of the engine?? BobG in VA