Model A Ford Pickup Value

/ Model A Ford Pickup Value #1  

Swiftriver

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota B3200
Not exactly tractor related but hopefully you guys can help. A family friend recently passed away and his wife is clearing out his life long collection. The one piece I remember from my childhood was his 1929 Model A pickup and how I had always wanted to own it. She wants me to have it and we need to decide what it is worth. They are very close friends and I want to pay her a fair price but niether one of us knows what it is worth. He bought it in the mid 60's. It was last registered in 1971 and has sat in the barn on blocks since 74. This truck is very complete. At some point before he bought it it had been repainted with a brush. I can't find any rust anywhere. One of the rear fenders was patched but it appears to have been from damage. The bed is amazing. If it hauled anything it must have been hay.The fenders and running boards have typical scrapes. The wood looks excellent, possibly replaced? The squirrels have chewed the seat all up. As far as mechanical, he drove it into the barn and parked it. The motor is free. The gas smells like varnish so I wouldn't dare try to start it until everything was cleaned and fluids changed. It needs the typical things that a truck that old would need, Tires, wiring?,seals...... She wants everything out of the barn soon so I will buy it as-is but we are close enough that if there was a problem we would work it out. Can anybody help me figure out what I should HONESTLY pay her?

Attachments

• P5190185 (2).jpg
    P5190185 (2).jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 633
  • P5190186 (2).jpg
    P5190186 (2).jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 466
   / Model A Ford Pickup Value #2  
Any chance we can make an auction out of this? I will bid on it, sight unseen! Old trucks like that are just too cool!
David from jax

/ Model A Ford Pickup Value #3  
Don't remember what my FIL paid for his 30' , 5 or 6 years ago , but seeing that one , that is a rare find , looks good , check a ford forum . And good luck with that gem ..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Model A Ford Pickup Value #4  
Sorry, but I have no clue as to the value. Looks like a great vintage truck that wouldn't take much to restore. Keep us posted if you do get it and post some more pics. I love old trucks.

/ Model A Ford Pickup Value #5  
I have no idea on the price, but I am sure it will be a pretty penny. I would love to get a 1920's or 30's pickup. The trucks looks to be in great shape and well cared for.

Good luck in your search.

/ Model A Ford Pickup Value #6  
I found 2 on Ebay ready to drive betwwen 10,000 to 14,000....But from my experince they are worth as much as you cann get for them!!!

/ Model A Ford Pickup Value #7  
As a long time restorer/restomder of vintage cars & trucks I can shed a little light in the ave. value, depending on condition 6 to 12K for un-restored but running & nice shape with at least 90% of all parts intact, newly restored approx 20 to 25K stock, not hot rodded or restomoded. I have a farmer friend that has 2 1930 fords in a shed that he wants to sell me at a good price, but I am working on my '59 Chevy right now and don't have the garage or barn space for another project right now, maybe next year.:laughing:

also they have upgraded the Kelly Blue Book prices to include vintage & classics now for average not show vehicles, so you may want to check one for yourself.

/ Model A Ford Pickup Value
Thanks for the input. I really don't have the garage space right now either but I hate to pass this up. Bad timing right now as we are getting ready to build a new log home and BIGGER garage.:thumbsup: Wife thinks I'm nuts to buy another project. She thinks I have too many now. Never, I say.
I'm trying the Vintage Truck magazine forum and going to look into Kelly Blue Book and the Model A Ford Club

/ Model A Ford Pickup Value #9  
The Model A is really neat, but your Jeep in the Avatar looks pretty nice too!

/ Model A Ford Pickup Value #10  
This truck looks to be in good sound condition, BUT, lots of work will need to be done to make it roadworthy. Motor work, interior work, wiring probably is chewed up by mice, stripping the paint and a new paint job, and much more. A fair price among friends in this situation, would be 5-7 thousand dollars, probably at the lower end, around 5 thousand. Depends how bad you want it. 28-29's don't have the value of the 30-31's. Hope you get it.........