Circular paver driveway

/ Circular paver driveway
section 5 reject tree.jpgsec 5 reject.jpgI finished section 5 and 5.5 yesterday and had to cover it up because of the rain. The rain turned out to be less than 1/8 inch. The tarps came off today and I am happy with the results. section 5 was the largest section so far with 1600 pavers and section 5.5 has 350 pavers.

This section was the first section that combined both the American and the Mexican brick. It had it's challenges since the Mexican brick were bigger by 1/8" and because of the summer heat and occasional storm.

Pictured below I had to start over after the grout lines did not line up because of the accumulation of that 1/8". I figured out that I could NOT do random but alternating lines of Mexican and American pavers.

Here are the pictures after I figured it out and got it together. Section 5 and 5.5 required hundreds of cuts because of the shapes and the different size pavers. The Harbor Freight 10" wet circular brick and tile saw with the continuous diamond blade worked flawlessly, and I'm still on that first $29 blade!

Attachments

• sec 5 7.jpg
    sec 5 7.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 224
  • sec 5 5.jpg
    sec 5 5.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 231
  • sec 5 4.jpg
    sec 5 4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 224
  • sec 5 3.jpg
    sec 5 3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 234
  • sec 5 2.jpg
    sec 5 2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 280
Section 6 is shaped as a Y and will require the most pavers. It will be the last section. YEA! I will attempt to put a compass rose in the middle of the Y. I am taking the week off to re-group. I also need to make another paver run. A % of the Mexican Pavers were cracked (I caught them before I laid them). The company is standing behind their product and replacing the defective pavers.

Attachments

• sec6.jpg
    sec6.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 423
   / Circular paver driveway #155  
Don, very nice job! Not what I had pictured in my mind - 10,000 times better! You have to be very proud of that project.:thumbsup:

/ Circular paver driveway #157  
That looks really good!:cool: I was proud when i laid about 800 to make my front walk!:D

Thanks guys. Here is a picture Feb 2011 two months before my heart attack. (Yes that is the one day of snow we got in Texas.) The outer curbing had just been poured (bag by bag- one bag per foot) All the pavers laid are during my recovery. The hottest day so far was last Tuesday at 106 degrees, and yes Ron I did manage to complete my 3 mile heart run that evening in 30 minutes only to get a call from my wife of a 2" water leak in the blackland and was shoveling in knee high mud till midnight........ I feel recovered! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• feb 2011.jpg
    feb 2011.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 188
   / Circular paver driveway #159  
Drive looks very nice. Did you add a new piece of equipment for cutting pavers? If you still have pavers to lay next April. I will be glad to help. I will follow you in the Golf Cart for your 3 mile run though. The way Betty's knee is healing she may do the run with you. :D

/ Circular paver driveway #160  
Way too pretty to DRIVE on!

Can you imagine a glob of grease or God forbid an OIL LEAK!

Don that is awesome sir!

Want to come make me a little patio for my outdoor kitchen project? I'll feed you...

David