Injector Pump failure

/ Injector Pump failure #42  
When looking for more information on what local Diesel additive to buy I came across this post on an Australian Forum.
If you have been skeptical about what's in the additives then I thought this was well worth a read.

Link missing....

/ Injector Pump failure #44  
Interesting article I found.

Attachments

• Diesel Fuel Article 001.jpg
    Diesel Fuel Article 001.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 260
   / Injector Pump failure #45  
These little pumps really don't like biodiesel - discontinue use. Next ALWAYS (cannot stress this enough!), use some sort of fuel additive. KIOTI has one, FPPF Polar Power, Stanadyne, and of course LUCAS.

For Tony: Perhaps you can help us understand how/why fuel quality is a factor here. These IP failures (and several are currently under discussion) involve teeth on the rack and gears on the bottom-side of the IP which is lubricated by engine oil. Only the plunger and cylinder are lubricated by fuel and any significant wear to those parts would degrade performance and/or leak Diesel into the crankcase. I am not opposed to Diesel fuel additives (personally use them in all my Diesel engines) but I don't see how fuel additives are relevant to these IP gear/rack failures. Also, from the little research I've done, BioDiesel is alleged to have superior lubricating properties to any additive although I can't say how it might effect polymers like tanks and hoses. Any insight appreciated.

/ Injector Pump failure #46  
I agree Ritchie how is a fuel additive going to help in any way a violent action that breaks off teeth?

/ Injector Pump failure #47  
As i read through the forum, a number of you have reported injector pump problems going back to 2006. I wonder how many others outside the forum have had the same issue? And it seems to me that Kioti still hasn't fully addressed it either. Otherwise, why would they be looking to change O rings in this case? Are they still using the same pumps? And why do they exclude the pump from their warranty? Is this common practice?

This seems reason enough to reconsider purchasing their product.

/ Injector Pump failure #48  
As i read through the forum, a number of you have reported injector pump problems going back to 2006. I wonder how many others outside the forum have had the same issue? And it seems to me that Kioti still hasn't fully addressed it either. Otherwise, why would they be looking to change O rings in this case? Are they still using the same pumps? And why do they exclude the pump from their warranty? Is this common practice?

This seems reason enough to reconsider purchasing their product.

Is this open season on Kioti's? First off, there is no mention of 0 rings in this thread. The OP posted this almost a year ago talking about a problem a YEAR previous to that. HIS PUMP WAS REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY. What part of that don't you understand and how is that not addressing the problem? So your statement that they exclude the pump is blatantly false. This "huge" problem is limited to 12 cases on a spreadsheet, 6 were replaced under warranty, 6 have no final determination and the newest tractor with the problem is from 2008 so using the phrase "ongoing problem" is deceptive.

IMHO the things people should reconsider is your motives, not purchasing Kioti products.

/ Injector Pump failure #49  
DH,

I got dingo man's hydro fluid issue mixed in with what I'm still characterizing as this ongoing IP issue. If you search the forum there's a thread from 2006 about this. Apparently the manufacturer is replacing the pump at no charge but some have mentioned transport costs and downtime to mention a few inconveniences. And while I didn't verify this, many have mentioned this part isn't under the warranty.

I have no beef with Kioti, in fact I was impressed with the machines and their price. If my tone had a bit of an edge, it's likely due to my disappointment in reading the problems that so many on this forum have described

/ Injector Pump failure #50  
Is this open season on Kioti's? First off, there is no mention of 0 rings in this thread. The OP posted this almost a year ago talking about a problem a YEAR previous to that. HIS PUMP WAS REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY. What part of that don't you understand and how is that not addressing the problem? So your statement that they exclude the pump is blatantly false. This "huge" problem is limited to 12 cases on a spreadsheet, 6 were replaced under warranty, 6 have no final determination and the newest tractor with the problem is from 2008 so using the phrase "ongoing problem" is deceptive.

IMHO the things people should reconsider is your motives, not purchasing Kioti products.

Not for nothing but my warranty clearly states fuel systems are not included in Kioti's warranty among other things. I believe this is a judgment call by Kioti whether to warranty or not.