Injector Pump failure

/ Injector Pump failure #21  
I have occasionally added a litre of 10w-30 oil to my diesel fuel.

Is this improving lubricity?

I was told it lubricates the injectors, does it?

The question I would ask is at what mixture? 1:1, 50:1, 100:1 This is why I really do recommend an additive that has a mixture rating on it, i.e. 1 oz to 30 gals., etc.

Tony

/ Injector Pump failure #22  

I wouldn't add oil to your fuel. 5% biodiesel mix, or a product like Power Service is what I would do...

HS

/ Injector Pump failure #23  

I've also heard of guys adding automatic transmission fluid to their diesel fuel to get more lubricity and they swear by it. It's hard to say if tranny fluid or 10w-30 oil does the job. I would think an actual honest test would have to be done. From the lubricity post, TDIClub Forums - View Single Post - Addative Study "Super Tech Outboard 2-cycle TC-W3 engine oil, Unconventional (Not ULSD compliant, may damage 2007 or newer systems)"
improved the lubricity by 162 microns and "Used Motor Oil, Shell Rotella T 15w40, 5,000 miles used, Unconventional (Not ULSD compliant, may damage systems)" only added 2 microns. Some additives tested even lowered lubricity.

/ Injector Pump failure #25  
The ratio I was using would be 40 to 1. Not every fill.

This was with my Kubota L3710. Haven't done it with the Kioti (144 hours)

Will check out these other additives.

/ Injector Pump failure #27  
I believe in them. Every tractor leaves my dealership with required amount of KIOTI fuel treatment.

Tony

My original New Holland dealer was terminated but the new dealer I deal with gives a bottle of Stanadyne to the owner of every new tractor sold.

I know for a fact my tractor runs quieter when I run it.

/ Injector Pump failure #28  
I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks!

/ Injector Pump failure #29  
Neither have I. I'm chuckling too.:laughing:

Interestingly, we have a fleet of 100 on road trucks, all running ULSD continuously in ages running from 2010 models back to 2001 models in Cats, DDEC's, and Cummins and none have ever developed any fuel sysgtem problems related to ULSD fuel, in millions of miles and thousands of hours..

...and neither have my farm tractors or my diesel pickup though I do use Cat additive in my pickup because it sits for months on end and I don't want to grow algae in the fuel tank.

Additives are all snake oil but we use them because it gives us solace and that's it.....:laughing:

/ Injector Pump failure #30  
The ratio I was using would be 40 to 1. Not every fill.

This was with my Kubota L3710. Haven't done it with the Kioti (144 hours)

Will check out these other additives.

You might not want to mention this if you ever do have a fuel system problem. Maybe it helps or maybe not, but it would allow Kioti to get out of paying for a warranty issue.
Here's a link to the Korean standards for diesel. I'd assume the injector pumps would've probably been designed for this standard and then they did some testing and found they are OK with our fuel.
Fuels: Korea
Their lubricity standard is 400 vs. our fuels 520 micron standard, so for a couple quarters a tank I'm going to add the stanadyne lubricity additive. May not make any difference but it might help too, 30 years from now if I haven't had to mess around with the injector pump I'll call it a success!