Ford 1700 fan pulley

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley
JC,
I have pulled the water pump and ordered a replacement. IMG_1205.JPG
I'm trying to attach photos. I may need some help with including photos if I can't figure it out.

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley
I was able to include the picture. This is the back of the water pump opened up. Shaft is bent. I doubt that this pump would be easily rebuildable.IMG_1209.JPGIMG_1210.JPG. The other 2 photos are of the nut that won't snug up on the injector pump mount. Do you have any part numbers for radiator hoses that will fit this tractor. Thanks, Jerel

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley #13  
JC,
I have pulled the water pump and ordered a replacement. View attachment 277058
I'm trying to attach photos. I may need some help with including photos if I can't figure it out.

Cool, you did it just fine. I can see the impeller not centered probably due the seal damage and the wobble caused by it. will you verify if if there is a bearing in front of the seal or just a bushing. For posting pictures you have two options there:

1) Simply use the attach file or upload option that is part of forum software. What is would do is to upload the pictures to TBN server (hard drive) and itis shown by a thumbnail like you have.

2) is what I normally do, You can go to photobucket or some other picture hosting site and register (usually free or limited by the # of pics you have). Once you upload in to their website that photo is still yours and you can make it private as well. It will give you an option to copy and paste an address (link) to your picture that you can put it in the body of your reply. I used imageshack till I reached the free limit and now I use photobucket.

What you did is perfectly fine too.

JC,

ps. I'd like to see a pic if you pull the impeller and the input shaft out.

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley #14  
I was able to include the picture. This is the back of the water pump opened up. Shaft is bent. I doubt that this pump would be easily rebuildable. The other 2 photos are of the nut that won't snug up on the injector pump mount. Do you have any part numbers for radiator hoses that will fit this tractor. Thanks, Jerel

Jerel,

Try to put the attachment link outside of the your reply verbiage so you will not have picture in the middle of the text. I took lower and upper radiator hose along with the water pump/alt belt to Advanced Auto (Parts America) in our area. I knew the sales guys and asked him if he could match. He said why don't you go in the back and eye ball them all. The hoses I got is a 99% fit and just had to trim about 1/4" on two sides to have fit perfectly. Of course you can buy it from NH but have not priced them myself. The hoses were less than $10 each. Here is the SKU and model number I have. be warned that SKU number might get changed from time to time and I did it 6 years ago.

JC,

Water/alt belt L4444 sku#5663272
Hoses B7163, 71718 CS and I only have one SKu# 15590040 recorded.

I still had the old hoses for dimensional check and verification.

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley
Thanks for the parts info. I'll try to remove the pulley and see what is in there. It didn't move when I tapped on it, but I didn't get real aggressive. Do you think that trying to hitting the shaft from the impeller end would work?
Any thoughts on the injector pump mounting bolt that will not tighten. When I try to tighten the nut I can see that the bolt is turning. View attachment 277068View attachment 277069View attachment 277070View attachment 277071

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley
IMG_1207.JPGIMG_1208.JPG

Pictures of engine mounting surface for the water pump. The lower right mounting bolt was missing and bolt hole required cleaning. I have already found a replacement metric bolt. Any other pictures that you would like to see? Jerel

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley #17  
Thanks for the parts info. I'll try to remove the pulley and see what is in there. It didn't move when I tapped on it, but I didn't get real aggressive. Do you think that trying to hitting the shaft from the impeller end would work?
Any thoughts on the injector pump mounting bolt that will not tighten. When I try to tighten the nut I can see that the bolt is turning. View attachment 277068View attachment 277069View attachment 277070View attachment 277071

Jerel,

The attachment did not come trough as being invalid. The pics you had are fine. On the mounting bolt, are you concerned the injector housing is lose or are yo getting oil seepage? the bolt head on the inside has a washer and supposedly it should keep it from turning once it grabs. the only way to get to the bolt is just taking the timing gear cover off ( too much work). I'd probably try to grab the nut with a vise grip and try to pull out and turn and hope for it to tighten. If it is oil that you are concerned, then I'll use some degrease to clean all the oil, let it dry out completely and cover it up with %100 silicon. Once silicon is cured it might keep the oil seepage at least for a good while. The input shaft should be pressed, driven out toward the impeller and not the other way around. I"d use couple of 2x4 and lay the old pump flat on it back and allow room for the impeller to be driven out and try to hammer it out using a piece of 2X4 if you don't have a press. The pump is toast already with the bent input shaft. Curious what caused it to bend, can't see a tight belt doing it.

JC,

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley
IMG_1231.JPGIMG_1232.JPGIMG_1233.JPG

JC,
Pictures of dismembered water pump. Shaft not bent. Pump has 2 bearings and it looks like at least one of them was completely gone, allowing pulley section to tilt in relation to pump section. Engine RPM's would probably affect how true the shaft and pullely would run. Would explain the variation in sounds I would hear with engine idling. Not sure how many pictures I can attach at one time, so will attach in multiple replies. Now to move on to injector pump mount problem. Jerel

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley
IMG_1234.JPGIMG_1235.JPGIMG_1236.JPG

More water pump pictures.

/ Ford 1700 fan pulley
IMG_1237.JPGIMG_1238.JPG

Last of water pump pictures. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them or take other picture angles for you. The only thing that I can come up with regarding the small bolt in shaft housing is to position what appears to be a bushing. The rubber seal with spring butts up against the inner end of this bushing. Sound reasonable to you? Jerel