Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :(

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #21  
I fixed a broken plastic welding helmet years ago with fiberglass mesh and resin. It bonded completely to the plastic. Don't know if that helps but thought I would offer that little tidbit. Thank God you weren't severly injured...that trailer looks like a spear.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #22  
Chock blocks.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #23  
You are lucky it didnt hit you in the body part of back for worse. glad everything is ok and those things can be fixed. I'd opt out for replacing EVERYTHING if you have insurance. Isnt the labor covered too? might be worth the deductible and just chalk it up lesson learned.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #24  
Yup, they slide really easily on the landing gear. I had ours buried in a snow bank in the early spring and I couldn't get close enough to hook onto it, so I proceeded to drag it out with a chain on the truck. Just like you, it followed me across the parking lot and luckily didn't hit any of the cars parked there, nor the back of the truck.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :(
You are lucky it didnt hit you in the body part of back for worse. glad everything is ok and those things can be fixed. I'd opt out for replacing EVERYTHING if you have insurance. Isnt the labor covered too? might be worth the deductible and just chalk it up lesson learned.
Yes, labor is covered as well. I have an appointment setup for Tuesday morning with the service manager coming out to take a look at it. In the meantime, I'll unbolt the upper glass pane brackets and remove the weather stripping and vacuum out all the glass. This way I can continue to use the tractor as a semi-open station one until all the parts come in.

I'll be picking up some chock blocks. I'll check out the ones at tsc today. This is what their HD ones look like:

chockblocks.JPG

I figured 4 of these to block the wheels on one axle would do the trick.

Was also thinking about rigging a toggle switch to turn on the electric brakes at will, but they might drain that small trailer mounted battery within minutes. I know that the Deere dealer has their GN trailers wired so that when they turn on their emergency flashers for loading/unloading, the trailer brakes are engaged automatically. I might look into something like that as well.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #26  
There's no way you should ever try to load a trailer without it being attached to the tow vehicle. And if the truck does not have air brakes, you should also be chocking the wheels of the trailer.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #27  
There's no way you should ever try to load a trailer without it being attached to the tow vehicle. And if the truck does not have air brakes, you should also be chocking the wheels of the trailer.

Now you tell us! :eek:

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #28  
Your OK is the main thing...

Just yesterday I looked at the bushes removal thread and
totally drooled over your tractor and how nice it is...then I see
this today! OUCH!

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #29  
that is the main reason you want nothing todo with a 3pt gooseneck trailer mover.i had a friend that used to move his gooseneck trailers like that.an quiet a few times he has almost been crushed from the neck going against the back of the tractor.you need a 2 wheel trailer mount gooseneck mover.had another friend do the samething with a goosemeck tailer an cab tractor.except he got the tractor stopped before it could hit the cab.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #30  
It takes a real man to post pics like this. Thank you for sharing... it will help other's to not repeat the same mistake.

I'm glad you are okay! :thumbsup: