Crickets in the basement - They've got to go!

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #81  

And finally a what could be decent Country ballad about listening to crickets crying in the night... How this TRIES to help, I do not know...

BUT,

Master Yoda always says "Try? Try? Do or Do Not. There is no Try!" Hmmmm?
:D
Thanks for ALL your support Lockhaven... ;)
David

I think Master Yoda would have been proud! Padawan Lockhaven certainly made me laugh! Heck, I laughed quite a bit. I think he done did do. :thumbsup::D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #82  
I will accept all the praise I can get:) I did my best to help, offering sound scientific solutions.

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go!
   / Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #85  
David I found this, I cannot guarantee either of these methods will work, but I think one or the other is worth a try. I know borax will kill cockroaches very well, I have never had any crickets in the house, except for a few in the garage, and usually the cat will take care of them.

How to Get Rid of Crickets With Borax

Things You'll Need

Beer
Cornmeal
Small, shallow dishes

Cornmeal and Borax Method
Place 2 cups of cornmeal into the mixing bowl. Add about 2 teaspoons of borax. Mix well in the bowl.
Place a small amount of the mixture into a shallow dish -- any shallow dish that has a lip just high
enough to keep the bait from spilling onto the floor ...saucers or small plates are perfect.
Place the dish with the bait near to where you've been having the cricket problem. Fill more dishes
and place them in different areas if crickets are entering your house from different places.
Clean up any dead crickets and replace the bait weekly until the cricket problem subsides.

Beer and Borax Method

Mix 1 cup of beer with 1 teaspoon of borax in the mixing bowl. Make sure that the borax dissolves into the beer.
Place a small pool of the mixture into the shallow dishes, and arrange the dishes around the problem areas in your house.
Check the dishes often for dead crickets. Because the mixture is liquid, the crickets will die soon after coming into contact
with the beer, usually in less than a minute. Clear the crickets and replace the mixture as necessary.

Tips & Warnings

Don't let borax come in contact with furniture or plants. Though not particularly dangerous to humans, borax can cause damage
to fabric and foliage.

That was funny! Perfect. Moss should print it and post that poem in the basement.... :laughing:

Later,
Dan

I need to find a text version so I can keep it for posterior...

David

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #88  
I need to find a text version so I can keep it for posterior...

David

I just clicked on the image in post number 83 from Padawan Lockhaven. This opened up a new browser window with the lovely poetry. This allowed me to print a nice copy of the poem. ;)

Heck, if I lived next door to ya, I would be tempted to print a bunch of copies and post them around your house and neighborhood for you. :D Just to help out, dont cha know. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

I just clicked on the image in post number 83 from Padawan Lockhaven. This opened up a new browser window with the lovely poetry. This allowed me to print a nice copy of the poem. ;)

Heck, if I lived next door to ya, I would be tempted to print a bunch of copies and post them around your house and neighborhood for you. :D Just to help out, dont cha know. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

Dan,

Yes I can print it out as a picture... I had other plans...

But I will say this... If you (and Lockhaven) lived next door (down the road, around the corner, just close...) I can predict with CERTAINTY, we'd have WAY TOO MUCH FUN and our wives would ground us to our OWN properties...

I'd put big $$$$ on that bet...

PS - There is a 13.5 acre place at the end of the pavement for sale right now... Nice new modular single story... PM me if you are interested...;)

Be well,
David

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #90  
Last edited: