Crickets in the basement - They've got to go!

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #101  
Dan,

Yes I can print it out as a picture... I had other plans...

But I will say this... If you (and Lockhaven) lived next door (down the road, around the corner, just close...) I can predict with CERTAINTY, we'd have WAY TOO MUCH FUN and our wives would ground us to our OWN properties...

I'd put big $$$$ on that bet...

PS - There is a 13.5 acre place at the end of the pavement for sale right now... Nice new modular single story... PM me if you are interested...;)

Be well,
David

I would NOT take that bet. :D:D:D

There is a five acre parcel near by as well as a five acre lot for sale near us. Course that lot has been on the market for years. :( Virginny is too cold for us. It is way up Nawth. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #102  
I have the solution Mossflowerwoods needs to purchase some green leotards and a flute of course some little pointed booties and a nice pointed cap with a feather. Now play the flute and dance around in the yard. As soon as the crickets start following you could lead them to the chicken yard where they would be devoured. looks like we have a plan. now just to get some cameras to record the event. As you see once presented with a problem i will find a solution. do they have Yuengling beer in "Old Virginia'':drink:

If MossFlowerWoods does this, I am afraid we won't hear from him in a while. I think the last thing we will see on the video is a couple of men in white coats chasing after Moss, The Cricket Pied Piper, with a very large net...

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa.
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy
to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming
to take me away, ha-haaa!!!

To the happy home, with moss and flowers and woods and chirping birds and basket
weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're
coming to take me away, ha-haa!!!

To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time...

They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa
Note: There might, just may have been, an ever so slight changing of the lyrics. Maybe.

Tis a shame what a wee little cricket can do to a Fearsome Ex Sub Sailor and Soldier.

Later,
Dan

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #103  
Sounds like we need to get a bunch of hedge apples, cut them in half and hollow them out and put a little cut out for a entrance door. Sort of like little Igloos for crickets shelters. I mean after all crickets need homes too!:) I knew all those old hedge apples laying around had to have some use... cricket houses!

James K0UA

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go!
David you might not have any of them where you live, they are fairly common around here. Looking at the 1997 Iowa study, they seem to denigrate the effectiveness as a insect repellant, but the Wikipedia write up seems to say they are effective.. I don't know, but have always heard "old timers" say they are a good insect repellant.

James K0UA

I can safely say I've NEVER seen one until today, online.

Thanks,
David

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #106  
be careful Mossflowerwoods KOUA may be fooling you, not everyone is a serious as I:shocked:

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #107  
We used to make fence post's out of osage orange wood. We called it "bodark". an Ozark Hillbilly mangling of the French word Bois d' Arc. In fact there is a little town out Northwest of Springfield, Mo. called Bois d' Arc. The fence post's lasted a long time and were of good quality. The only thing I ever done with the "hedge apples" was to use them for shooting targets.

James K0UA

be careful Mossflowerwoods KOUA may be fooling you, not everyone is a serious as I:shocked:

Do you work for Burger King?

'Cause you sure are selling WHOPPERS!
:D
David

Do you think the man in the video is MossFlowerWoods?

The white coat men showed up pretty quick....

:laughing:

Later,
Dan

Ummmm... Nope, not me.
This is me... Be afraid... Be VERY Afraid...

David

Attachments

• DBM-Grrr.JPG
    DBM-Grrr.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 76