Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #2,302  
[QUOTE...]stopped funding terrorists with oil money (Saudis = 9/11)[/QUOTE]

It was in response to why we have problems in the Middle East Muslims.

/ Global Warming? #2,303  
You continue to have difficulty getting your head around the scientific process. Virtually ALL scientists have published incorrect interpretations of data or done flawed studies. Science moves forward through a logical review process and repetition to attempt to falsify earlier experiments and theories in an effort to build a more accurate theory. Doesn't mean the earlier scientists were stupid or sloppy, it just means they did not get the story completely right. Very few theories/models/predictions turn out exactly as the original scientist thinks they will. Sometimes data is reinterpreted using new and better models or theories to come up with significantly different interpretations. That doesn't mean that at any given time the current research or theory is more likely to be wrong than an earlier theory. New theories usually explain experimental data better.

Hanging on to this example of a falsified 1970's cooling theory as a reason to reject all the massive subsequent work in the climate field (that is contrary to your favored politically driven conclusion), is the antithesis of rational scientific review. You are beating a dead horse. Move on or just admit you read science through a very biased set of lenses.

You are the king of dead horse beaters, and I have absolutely no more problems understanding science than you. Want take a test with me? As for scientific findings changing, absolutely they do, obviously we aren't living on a glacier today. But, with all that said, hard empirical data does not change post historically. What the temps were from 1950-1972 were what the temps were, those are hard numbers that can't be adjusted honestly. They were recorded and are hard data. So when scientists of the AGW agenda try to show us some crap about how much it warmed from 1950-1972, the old recorded data proves them, like you, full of it.

/ Global Warming? #2,304  
Let me see if I understand what you said correctly. Using a 600 year time span, the average mean temperature for 500 years was 78 degrees. For the last 100 years it was 98. So you are saying this is not an indicator of climinate change because you have discarded the first 500 years of data as being incorrect and only the data for the last 100 years can be used so the average mean temperature is 98 and therefore no climinate change is occurring.

Wow, talk about getting orange juice from an apple! Where the h3ll did that come from? What I said was the recorded temps as of 1975, indicated in hard data that temps had cooled from 1950-1972, that can't change, it can only be falsely represented as having been warmer when it was already proven that it had cooled in that same period. The chart in the article from 1975 showed that, had you read it.

/ Global Warming? #2,305  
The AGW henny penny's put so much faith in the professionals that interpret the little data that there is on the subject...yet every year almost 200,000 Americans die because equally trained and educated (medical) professionals make mistakes...

I get your point Pine, but I'm afraid you haven't heard the last on your analogy. :eek:

/ Global Warming? #2,306  
Global Warming Leads to 150,000 Deaths Every Year
Infectious diseases and death rates rise along with global temperatures
Global warming is not only a threat to our future health, it already contributes to more than 150,000 deaths and 5 million illnesses annually, according to a team of health and climate scientists at the World Health Organization and the University of Wisconsin at Madison - a�nd those numbers could double by 2030.
Research data published in the journal Nature show that global warming may affect human health in a surprising number of ways: speeding the spread of infectious diseases such as malaria and dengue fever; creating conditions that lead to potentially fatal malnutrition and diarrhea; and increasing the likelihood of heat waves and floods.

Health Effects of Global Warming Hardest on Poor Nations
According to the scientists, who have mapped the growing health impacts of global warming, the data show that global warming affects different regions in very different ways. Global warming is particularly hard on people in poor countries, which is ironic, because the places that have contributed the least to global warming are most vulnerable to the death and disease higher temperatures can bring....
Global Warming - Global Warming Leads to 150,000 Deaths Every Year

/ Global Warming? #2,307  
Oxygen-starved fish to shrink significantly due to global warming
Human fish supplies from oceans could be at risk by 2050, according to a new study, as weights for fish may fall by 14-24 percent.

By Alister Doyle, Reuters / October 1, 2012

Fish are likely to get smaller on average by 2050 because global warming will cut the amount of oxygen in the oceans in a shift that may also mean dwindling catches, according to a study on Sunday.
Oxygen-starved fish to shrink significantly due to global warming - CSMonitor.com

/ Global Warming? #2,308  
http://www.globalwarmingnewssite.co...can-be-a-death-sentence-for-prisoners/HOUSTON Last summer record-breaking heat wave had a grim impact on Texas, playing a role in the deaths of roughly 150 people. Many of them were found in their homes or apartments, but a few were discovered somewhere else in their prison cells.

(Two Lawsuits Challenge the Lack of Air-Conditioning in Texas Prisons (June 27, 2012))

Ten inmates of the state prison system died of heat-related causes last summer in a 26-day period in July and August, a death toll that has alarmed prisoners rights advocates who believe that the lack of air-conditioning in most state prisons puts inmates lives at risk.

The 10 inmates were housed in areas that lacked air-conditioning, and several had collapsed or lost consciousness while they were in their cells. All of them were found to have died of hyperthermia, a condition that occurs when body temperature rises above 105 degrees, according to autopsy reports and the state's prison agency.

Makes for an interesting case/class action suits. First you can't feed inmates dog food, now this. What is the world coming to!?:D

Last edited:
   / Global Warming? #2,309  
The whole concept of global warming is a farce created by environmental scientists to justify their own existences. They can't forecast the weather reliably beyond a few days, I certainly won't take their word for it 50-100 years in the future.

/ Global Warming? #2,310  
BurgerSteak said:
The whole concept of global warming is a farce created by environmental scientists to justify their own existences. They can't forecast the weather reliably beyond a few days, I certainly won't take their word for it 50-100 years in the future.

Thanks for the insightful comment, you can stick your head back in the sand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.