Neighbor removed my property line pin

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin
Sad as it may be...this brainless immature loser of a twit is pushing his luck with me. I'm livid as sin right now and if this wasn't a family site I'd really speak my mind!!

But I know better and some how through all the pent up anger inside me I'll keep my sanity and ignore his childish games. Ever dog has his day and he'll get his sooner or later.

I came inside to cool off for a bit and tried to post this with my phone...page wouldn't load so I used the laptop instead. If anything this brief rant is helping me deal with this bafoon. GRRRRRRR!!!

I've done a lot of research this past week and now know for a fact this ship dip doesn't have a leg to stand on...bet he knows it too, hence his little baby games.

I've got a boat load of work in front of me and slowly but surely I'll get it drilled into my thick headed stubbornness that no matter what stunts he pulls, I'll take the high road

To be continued...

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #222  
Wow...lots of posts here.
If I were in your position, I would:
1. Research local zoning laws and setback requirements.
2. Have the surveyor re-set the pin with re-bar - one under and one over.
3. If the neighbor asks, you can say that you are thinking of putting in a shed or outbuilding and need the pin to establish setback requirements
(You can then conveniently change your mind about the building).
No harm...no foul.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #223  
Move the trees and get on with your life. Ignore them when they prod you. It will probably subside.
I had a really bad neighbor last place we lived. Had unruly loud mouthed teenagers constantly ruining our peace. I got so un-nerved, I pulled out my super loud generator and would run it to drive them off. We moved eventually, not so much because of them.. we came into enough money to get us where we are... 3-1/2 acres of wooded bliss.

The idea about possibly building something... if you were a real jerk you might mention you are building something that is way off code a mushroom house or something stinky.. He'll waste his time researching and getting upset... touche'

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #224  
TCBoomer, don't know, but this might be a consideration. My wife does landscape design, and can import photos, and "place" trees, plants, fences etc in them. The software can then show what the plants will look like when planted(ie 1gal 5gal, 25gal pots). It can also show what the plant will look like at a year, 2 years, etc thru maturity. It will also show that mature size on the standard "blueprint".

Might be worth checking in to this(there are consumer versions) to see just how the trees will grow, and how much setback you need.

Of course, there are books that will give this info too, and your arborist surely knows this information.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #225  
I bought a home in Ga. Had surveyed pin put on all four conners. A road going to my neighbors house was on my side of the property pin. He tells me his dad had told him the line was in the middle of the road. I showed him the survey pin and told him that if he had any thing that would dispute my survey bring it out now and less settle it now. Long story short ending. He couldent dispute my paper work. His wife told me later that they had gone to court house and tried to take the road under the homestead act because he had use the road for more than 7 years. People at the court house told him he could have taken the road if he had done so before I bought the property. So the 7 year time started all over again ofter my purchase of the land. So I told him to make him another way in to his house and not use my road anymore which he did. So land can be taken after 7 yrs because had a coworker that did it.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #226  
Contact the surveyor and ask for his opinon. Perhaps the court house has a record of the survey and if so it may be registered. I would suggest that a more permanent marker be installed, one that is far more difficult to remove. Consider using a post hole digger and a suitable concrete form (circular cardboard tube and bagged concrete are inexpensive). Just dump dry concrete mix into the form and secure the steel pin using wire. Each bag of concrete mix weighs 80 lbs, use your own judgement of what would be permanent. The dry concrete will begin to set as soon as moisture is present. A wide variety of forms is available, some with an expanded base that would be very difficult to remove. Some water added after the steel pin is placed would activate the concrete setting process.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #227  
Moving or disturbing a certified survey marker is against the law everywhere. Period. If he accidentally dug it up it is his responsibility to replace it including cost for the re-survey if needed.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #228  
When we have placed poles or pins that we don't want out we just put a small piece of chain on the end with a piece of rebar going through. Make a deeper hole and dig a little pocket in the bottom-side for the chain and rod. Legions of high school tough guys that have tried to remove my mailbox post will vouch for it's effectiveness.

On the landscape software, does your wife have any brand names, both consumer as well as commercial that I could look up?

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #229  
I would NOT do anything till it is surveyed again!

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #230  
My place has a similar problem - the county map even says that there is an error in the plat! It goes down over a hill, but the last survey was in 1912 when it was originally platted. Back then, they used actual chains, and I'm sure they didn't go down the hill to measure it!

One of my neighbors told me before we bought the place that he thought the line was actually 10 feet from the fence onto my property - but he was a good friend of the family as well, so he wouldn't make a fuss over it. recently his son moved onto the property, and I told him what his dad had said. He checked it out, and then told me that the fence was right on the line. Thank God for good neighbors!