Who rides a motorcycle?

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #141  
I've been riding since I turned 15, so that makes 41 years now! Here's me on my first (of many) bikes...

1971 Suzuki TC 90.jpg

I went through several bikes last year.

Started off by selling the 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa I bought new in 2007. Took the cash from that sale and bought a Honda XR650L and a 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R. Hated the XR650L - so I sold it. Found a better ZRX - a pristine 2005 ZRX1200R - so I bought it as well. Sold the 2001 ZRX. Decided I really didn't like the ZRX ergos afterall, so I sold the 2005 too. Sold my 2007 Kawasaki KX450F the same day I sold the ZRX. And suddenly - I was bikeless!!! But not for long...

My current bike is a 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R - also known as a Thunderace. I'm restoring this one, so there is a bt of work to do yet - but here's a current photo...

Thunderace 02.jpg

The wife rides too. She had a 2006 Kawasaki Mean Streak, but switched to a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R here recently (one of my bikes I lowered for her).

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #142  
That RG Ultra is what I plan on trading my Heritage for someday. Just need to get the house up to par and pay off some other bills first. Everyone said I'd sell the bikes when my daughter was born, she turns 3 in March and I still have no intentions of getting rid of anything..

The Road Glide is a great bike for touring, but my favorite bike to ride is the Heritage. It's got to be the best balanced and manueverable bike I have ever ridden. The only reason we went to the RG is the wife was getting tired of driving herself and she prefers to just sit back and watch the scenery.

How do you like the batwing faring?

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #143  
Love it, best add-on to date. My wife is the same, she has no desire to ride her own bike so it's on the back of mine or nothing at all. I ride about an hour to work and between 10k-15k mi/yr so I'd really like to go to a touring bike. I have to admit though, after riding my Heritage test riding a few touring bikes, I do like the way my bike feels much better. Something along the the lines of riding "on" a touring bike and "in" a Softail. That and how the Touring bike shakes like crazy at idle. If they put a B motor in a touring frame I'd be all over that..

On the other hand, something like this would be perfect..

vrod-glide-21.jpg

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #144  
If they put a B motor in a touring frame I'd be all over that..
vrod-glide-21.jpg

That's the exact same thing I said for the longest time. The deciding factor was the big comfy passenger seat on the RG. The passenger seat on the Heritage leaves a lot to be desired. I will warn you; DO NOT let the wife take a trip on a RG or you will be trading for sure, lol.

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #145  
I've been riding dirt bikes since around 1967 and street bikes since 1978. Mainly Yamahas in the dirt and Harleys and British stuff on the street.

Welcome to the board. I probably drive near you on the way to work.

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #146  
No road bikes but had over the years .

Trials ...

Montesa 250
Montesa 248 cota
Bultaco 250
Yamaha TY175
Yamaha TY 250 mono
Beta TR34
Aprilia climber

Motocross

Honda cr 250
Suzuki YZ 250
KTM 500 ...(JUNK)
Honda XL 500

ATV

Honda big red 200
Yamaha TRI-Z 250

Dont have any these days but kids have

2004 Suzuki quadsport 250
2006 Suzuki quadsport 250
1996 suzuki LT 50
2004 chinese 110 quad

What i would like .......:)
Missed the Trial... on you post but when i started reading the list of bikes, i thought this guy has to be riding trials.:thumbsup:

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #147  
Used the insurance money to buy my Deere. Nuff said.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #148  
That's the exact same thing I said for the longest time. The deciding factor was the big comfy passenger seat on the RG. The passenger seat on the Heritage leaves a lot to be desired. I will warn you; DO NOT let the wife take a trip on a RG or you will be trading for sure, lol.

Oh I agree 100% there. I actually took the covering off the stock pillion seat, carved about 2" of that rock they call padding off and cut 4 1" pieces of pillow foam to form in its place. It's 10x better than stock but still leaves room for improvement..