Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,581  
A few recent pictures of snow removal. Our property, our equipment. Pictures taken off of security system.

2013-01-29_Hook-lift truck_03.jpg2013-01-29_CAT 446, TN75DA_03.jpg2013-01-29_Hook-lift snow removal_03_03.jpg2013-01-29_Hook-lift snow removal_03.jpg2013-01-29_CAT 446, Hook-lift truck_03.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,582  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,583  
I was just messin' with ya, I know my JD's well ;)

I never use chains myself but I understand their need on small tractors that simply aren't heavy enough to grip. Any tractor that weighs over 2 tons can do without and yours weighs a lot more than that.

Page up a little and you'll find a video of a big 4WD JD that could have made use of some chains. Probably wouldn't have been allowed where he was, but it's real obvious that the tractor wasn't doing real well w/o them. And I think it weighs over 2 tons.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,584  
ipad said it didn't post, but it did, tried to clean it up.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,585  
Page up a little and you'll find a video of a big 4WD JD that could have made use of some chains. Probably wouldn't have been allowed where he was, but it's real obvious that the tractor wasn't doing real well w/o them. And I think it weighs over 2 tons.

As I said above, there are always situations where any tractor or loader could use some chains. What I'm trying to convey is that in most instances where small tractor loses traction, a heavier one doesn't. In commercial snow removing situations where a heavy tractor (let's say a 50 hp CUT and above) would require chains are rare, either because most contractors steer away from such contracts due to the fact that chains can damage clients property, or are forbidden locally, or use studded tires (polyurethane studs are legal). That said, if I had a farm or large property where damaging surfaces is not a factor, and did not leave the property with the tractor, I would probably have chains.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,586  

As I said above, there are always situations where any tractor or loader could use some chains. What I'm trying to convey is that in most instances where small tractor loses traction, a heavier one doesn't. In commercial snow removing situations where a heavy tractor (let's say a 50 hp CUT and above) would require chains are rare, either because most contractors steer away from such contracts due to the fact that chains can damage clients property, or are forbidden locally, or use studded tires (polyurethane studs are legal). That said, if I had a farm or large property where damaging surfaces is not a factor, and did not leave the property with the tractor, I would probably have chains.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,587  
Here is a picture of my little toy. My first tractor. L3400 with a loader and sub frame mount BH 75 backhoe. I picked up this 60 inch Agrotrend blower and it is perfect. Had to put a set of remotes on to power the hydraulic shoot. Dealer did a beautiful job putting the control through the vacant draft control slot to the right of the seat. It's up at the cottage just outside of Huntsville Ontario. I can't wait to get up on weekends and have some fun!

Attachments

• image-3450327389.jpg
    image-3450327389.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 363
  • image-3618645678.jpg
    image-3618645678.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 270
  • image-2141641981.jpg
    image-2141641981.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 298
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,588  
My new work snow machine. I can pile snow over 30' high

Attachments

• image-3897381357.jpg
    image-3897381357.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 404
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,589  
robs660 Now that is what I call being able to pile it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,590  
seems to me that setup would be a bit (lot) tipsy with a heavy, high load. I have run off terrain forklifts in the past....not very stable. outriggers help, but take a long time to set.