Thieves love those trailer hitches!

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #131  
vandalism would presumably be both illegal and imoral.

unintentional damage can be neither, depending on the circumstances ( and intent ).

lets keep in mind inthe average accident where someone runs into my back end.

it's wholly their fault. if their front end is crushed in.. that hood bent in half with a hole in it won't cost any more to replace than one just bent in half. same wath a radiator bent and split and pushed back intot he engine. costs the same with or without hole.

in the situation where someone has stopped behind me and left a fair distance ( car length comes to mind ).. or half that. that's what I leave.. 5-6' minimum. impact that moves you thru that distance is going to be a BAD wrwck anyway.

1 exta hole won't matter.. AND it's still not my fault. it's the drivers fault who caused the accident.

If I'm standing holding a knife and you are standing near me and someone comes up behind you and throws you into the knife i'm holding.

i didn't stab you.. the jerk who pushed you did.

if it's legal to have the tounge in and no trailer.. and you aren't intending on using it as a rear mounted battering ram.. the argument about the person in front being evil is absurd.... :(

my opinion of this will simply not change.

I don't expect you to change yours. feel free at any moment to quit trying to convince me. i'm doing the same.

Fine. You and other self considerate or obnoxious hitchers will fuel the theft and vandalism related to stingers. The name used to describe them makes the case.
larry

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #133  
:smiley_aafz:

What I see here are certain people who want to control what other people do! I've seen people called "stupid" & "lazy" just because ones opinion/way of doing things don't agree!

As I stated in my previous post, I used to bolt in my hitch drawbar (when I was towing more) and would do the same now under similar circumstances. To me, it makes very little sense to remove the drawbar if I'm going to be using it again in a day or two! I grew up & live in an area where many pickups are used for towing & most have drawbars in the receivers. As for "shin knocking", if you're that close to somebody else's vehicle, you're too close anyway! As for damaging a vehicle in an accident, in most cases, the rear-ending vehicle is going to have damage anyway!

This is supposed to be a friendly site! It's time to quit bickering & get back to the original poster's comment, theft of the hitch. :thumbsdown:

:soapbox:

Signed; just one of those "stupid/lazy" (or, at least have been) hitchers!

Last edited:
   / Thieves love those trailer hitches! #134  
Any suggestions on how I can make a matching bumper for the back of my truck.
I still need my tailgate to fold down?
Weight is not an issue.
Rear Trailer Hitch..jpg

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #136  
bowtie or not.. nice looking truck man. ;)

how about making underslung frame that rides the truck frame near where the hitch bolts too.,

makethe uprights hinged with pins so you cal lay it down flat ( weld stops so it can swing 90 back, but not forward or all the way down ).. then you can drop the tail gate.

good rear brushguard!

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #137  
That might just do the trick.
Good idea about the weld stops.
Times to sketch it out with a pencil and paper.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #140  
That just to clever.
Are you an inventor?