Ugly Americans - What to Do

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #92  
I'd never operate my tractor nude, i'd be afraid of Ralphy getting caught in something, but maybe I can find some jammies with tractors on them?

Crap!! I found tractor jammies, but they are that horrible green color.......

Hold on there.....nobody sayin nothing about being nude......I had some tractor jammies once with a REL.....Rear End Loader! :laughing:

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #94  
I try to represent my country in a positive way (harder and harder to do with our government).

It's increasingly difficult to be proud of a country who's government is out to destroy it... one piece at a time.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #95  
Write a ticket, snap a picture of the plate and/or empty dash with no sticker, done.

Rgds, D.

I'm glad they aren't too diligent. I have a placard and sometimes I forget to place it in the window. :duh:

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #96  
I'm glad they aren't too diligent. I have a placard and sometimes I forget to place it in the window. :duh:

Things do happen. When my Mom was still driving, she'd usually remember, but appeared to have lost her placard one time. Turns out, she'd tossed it into the glovebox, and it fell in behind the actual "box".

Many inconsiderate people won't pay attention to anything, unless there are dollar signs attached. It is for those people that I would like to see a sizable fine in place.

For a forgotten-but-valid permit, a waived ticket replaced with a small processing fee would make sense. That may sound like bureaucratize..... but it does take time/effort to police anything, and better enforcement of this problem would be a big help to the valid permit holders.

Mostly I don't get the point of putting laws in place, if they aren't going to be enforced.

Rgds, D.

Last edited:
   / Ugly Americans - What to Do #97  
I'm sure most law enforcement personnel on TBN would agree they would much rather cruse the shopping centers and malls handing out parking tickets than put up with other types of complaints they are running to during the shift. 2 minuets to write up a parking ticket is much better than 2 hours or more writing an arrest report for something where the suspect I,s out on bond before the report is done.

That said I check handicapped when ever I have time. As street supervisor I have the ability to roam the city. Today I gave out 5 handicapped tickets, 4 of the cars had *****-***** stickers! Just saying. Inconsiderate or entitled your choice.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #98  
The idea of a Polite Society has basically gone away. Because, there are no immediate consequences for any public action. A rude person in public can get away with telling a stranger to go F' themselves! A politician can lie, cheat and steal and get re-elected!

I also try to go to Walmart during off hours. Within reason, I will go to a specialty shop, pay more, if it avoids a crowd. I go to movies weeks after the debut and only on off hours! You couldn't make me go to a mall. I park at the end of the lot and walk. It's my Cheap Bastad gym membership. And if being tailgated, while driving 7-10 over the speed limit, I will usually pull over if some one wants around that bad.

But as Marine General Mattis said, "Be polite, courteous and professional at all times and always have a plan to kill everybody you meet. " And when confronted with violence, "I come in peace. I am armed. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you F' with me, I'll kill you all."

The important thing here is, don't let it make you change your attitude! Be kind courteous and professional...

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #99  
But as Marine General Mattis said, "Be polite, courteous and professional at all times and always have a plan to kill everybody you meet. " And when confronted with violence, "I come in peace. I am armed. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you F' with me, I'll kill you all."

The important thing here is, don't let it make you change your attitude! Be kind courteous and professional...

Dad1220 General Mattis has it right and so do you!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #100  
A few years ago... my 87 year old neighbor asked if I would drive her in her car to the Oakland Airport... her older sister was dieing and she wanted to fly to Loma Linda CA to see her one more time.

My 87 year old neighbor uses a walker... and has a handicap mirror placard.

I pull up to the Handicap parking, help my neighbor out with her walker, make sure the sky cap has her bag and ticket... takes about 3 minutes in the drop off zone and then I get in her car and drive off.

About a month later she get a $300 citation in the mail for illegal use of Handicap Placard...

We write a letter and it does no good... I tell her I will take her to see the Judge... she says OK... in the interim, she falls and breaks her hip and moves to a rest home...

She has me get her checkbook and she writes a check from her social security money to pay the fine...

A few months later she passes from a blood clot... no children and a widow for many years...

It really gave me pause to stop and think how easily it can be for elderly or disabled to become a victim... we did nothing wrong and still had to pay the price.

The only good thing was she did get to spend a few days with her sister before she died...