Powered plow wings

/ Powered plow wings #11  
I used to plow for my BIL every now and then and he has a couple of them. I can't say how reliable they are (he could be working on them constantly for all I know) but he's had one of them for at least 5 years now and I can say I beat it up pretty good without any problems. The one I've used was on a diesel F350. I know they're VERY expensive compared to a regular plow, but man are they ever nice to use. Each side is independently controlled and makes the plow SOOOO much more versatile in any snow condition. Each side can be fully retracted to shorten the plow, extended to give you full width or turned into a box or simply a wing on one side. I loved using it, but I wasn't paying for it!

/ Powered plow wings #12  
Hey guys, I have been plowing snow for 15 + years with trucks. Have used all types from straight to vee and powered wing plows. I have found they all have up's and down's I actually just sold my last plow on my truck and fabricated a hiniker 8.5 ft vee plow onto my Bobcat ct450 tractor. I found this plow at the local junk yard and paid $200.00 for it. The plow was in a fire so all the paint was burnt off along with all the hydraulics. after repainting it and replacing all cyclinders and hoses and makink the custom mount I have about $1000 into it. This project turned out great and all i can say is nothing works better than a vee plow !!!

/ Powered plow wings #13  
I have demoed the horst powered wing year or so back and it was a super good plow, lots of things that could go wrong but overall a good plow. When it came to get a price i just couldn't, wanted close to 9,000 for an 8ft skidsteers. To me if you only have one machine and do a variety of jobs this would be perfect. Its also a heavy plow my T190 worked ok. But put it on a T870 with snow tracks and it handled it great

/ Powered plow wings
I have demoed the horst powered wing year or so back and it was a super good plow, lots of things that could go wrong but overall a good plow. When it came to get a price i just couldn't, wanted close to 9,000 for an 8ft skidsteers. To me if you only have one machine and do a variety of jobs this would be perfect. Its also a heavy plow my T190 worked ok. But put it on a T870 with snow tracks and it handled it great

How did the controls work with one set of aux. hydraulics? Did it come with it's own controller and built in solenoid valve block?

/ Powered plow wings #15  
How did the controls work with one set of aux. hydraulics? Did it come with it's own controller and built in solenoid valve block?

You only needed 1 set of hydraulics, and the electric controller on your machine

/ Powered plow wings #17  
Does it come with the controller to install?

Only the attchment side. You have to purchase a kit for the machine your putting it on. Most skidloaders has it as an option from factory now. HLA might have a kit, but i know quick attach has a kit for tractors

/ Powered plow wings
Only the attchment side. You have to purchase a kit for the machine your putting it on. Most skidloaders has it as an option from factory now. HLA might have a kit, but i know quick attach has a kit for tractors

Thanks for the info. Although, after getting a quote, I'm thinking twice about a Horst HLA. I realize that you get what you pay for, but a Blizzard Power Wing is half the money @ $4500. Business is good, when we get snow, but I don't think I can justify a $10k plow yet.

/ Powered plow wings
Anyone else have any suggestions?

/ Powered plow wings #20  
Thanks for the info. Although, after getting a quote, I'm thinking twice about a Horst HLA. I realize that you get what you pay for, but a Blizzard Power Wing is half the money @ $4500. Business is good, when we get snow, but I don't think I can justify a $10k plow yet.

You might want to look at a Boss V-plow, used to run them on skidsteers also seen them on tractors. They do twice the work of any straight blade.