Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #51  
I have been searching online for a front snow plow for my YM 187D and came across your post and picture. I see you have what I am interested in on your 187D. Could you answer a few questions?
What is the model number?
Did you buy the plow new?
Do you remember what it cost?
How wide is the blade?

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #52  
Welcome to the board! The plow was mounted on the tractor when I bought it, I didn't buy it new. I know there is a model # tag on it, but I'm having trouble locating it right now. The blade is 54" wide, and the whole unit is built like a tank. It's mounted to a subframe that runs under almost the whole length of the tractor. I used to run a 155d that had a similar setup, but was a manual angle plow that you had to set with pins. There are some around, but it might be difficult to find as a separate unit. I'll try to find the model number when the tractor is a bit cleaner. Not sure what you want to spend, but I'm sure it is something that could be fabricated. Maybe Coldwater loader could build one? Hope this helps. As a side note, I used to sample the Susquehanna river in Mehoopany for aquatic insects near the P&G paper plant. Again, welcome, might be worth starting a new thread in the Yanmar forum so everyone sees it, I'm sure someone can help.
Sorry for the hijack Winston.

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics
Did a little more playing in the garden today. Pictures on my covington planter planting contender beans. Other pictures on my English peas and potatoes coming up. Spring has just about sprung. :dance1: Notice I didn't made raised beds for the beans. Not sure that is good or bad? Going to plant some corn, cucumbers, watermelons, and squash in the next day or two.

Attachments

• 100_5906.jpg
    100_5906.jpg
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_5907.jpg
    100_5907.jpg
    987.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_5908.jpg
    100_5908.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
   / Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #54  
Winston, how do you irrigate, if you water at all?

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics
Winston, how do you irrigate, if you water at all?

I don't irriigate. We are on a community water system and water is to high for irrigation. My crops are dependant on the good Lord. That is one reason I plant as early as I do. We get more rain early. I have had crop failure due to lack of moisture. I do have a grey water line from my house that waters my tomatoes.

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #56  
Did you use to have a rops on that tractor??? I though you did.

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #57  
Wow Winston no water that's hard to imagine it ever works glad it does usually though! We had something like 100 days over a hundred and I think 50 some in a row 100+ last year and no rain at all weeds didn't even grow! :D

This is the weekend we usually plant taters and onions but the ground is too wet for me to even get in and work it. Not planting taters and onions anyway so for me not a problem yet.

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #58  
My garden is to wet but i think it would be ok to start planting now or in a few weeks. our town is relitively flat and bowl like and we seem to hold water for a while.

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #59  
I was just out digging up a sink drain line and the ground is so dry it would be hard to compact a handful into a solid ball. And record temperatures recently.

It's going to be a dry summer here.

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #60  
Nothing personal California but I hope the drought does move anywhere but here again in the mid am region. Its not been pretty going on 4 years straight now.

We hear quite a bit about local water wells been going dry that have always had plenty of water we have lost so much of the aquifer it may take years to replenish if ever?