Welding benches

/ Welding benches #82  
Thanks guys. Fully aware of the Galvanized issue. The top is tacked, if I start having smoke issues I will immediately discard. Saddly I don't get the opportunity to weld much, and this table is going to be sitting outside for a while. And I weld outside which is a sucky bonus. Local hillbilies use this stuff all the time. Not saying it is a good idea.

When I get back in April I will test with the new oxy acet system. That will probably tell me how bad of an idea this was.

/ Welding benches #83  
I've been galvanized poisoned over a dozen times.:vomit: Welding galvanized material never bothered me as much as O/A cutting it. When welding on your table just set up a small fan a few feet away from you, blow the smoke away from your face.

/ Welding benches #84  
You need an all metal welding table. Your first welding project should be to build one for yourself. There are plenty of design ideas on the Web.

Good luck.

/ Welding benches
Welding table on wheels

now here's a guy in Delaware, not too far from me, who wants
to sell his welding table. Home made I assume?
Unless the vice can't come off, seems a little pricey to me.
If he made it himself, the problem is the value is priceless...

Ok, let's say I do drive down and see this table. It's within a couple hours and I have a close friend
in DE to visit. Needless to say I don't think it's going to be polished for me...
If there's zero wobble in it, what would you pay for it, if you needed a heavy welding table to
fab small pieces and "beat on".

Kind of surprised he's getting rid of it.

I have plenty of room for a table, or two...

If this thing were nice I was thinking in the $2-300 range.
Lot of metal and not like it's going to wear out anytime soon likely.

I'm a terrible negotiator...no killer instinct. :confused3:
But if I'm offering a fair price, then the number speaks for itself,
and who would know what a fair price was better than this illustrious group
of TBN welders? I was estimating the materials cost to be in the $1-200 range if this table
is as thick/heavy as I hope it is. And if he built it himself, something to validate all his hard work.
Assuming of course he didn't wreck the thing with a cutting torch, or the top is warped, etc.

so what should be my offer? Wish his pictures were better, not easy to evaluate.
thanks

/ Welding benches
welding table
bit out of my league...
I wonder who was welding what on this thing.
half a foot thick steel. Any of you need a nice paperweight?

/ Welding benches #88  
That first one looks like a steal of a deal to me, assuming that the vise goes with it. That looks like a Wilton bullet vise. Google them and see how much they cost ;) The vise alone, depending on size, would be worth the $450.

Looks like the top is 5x5 1/2" thick. Even minus the vise, if you had to buy new steel, I doubt you could build it for $450.

/ Welding benches #89  
That first one looks like a steal of a deal to me, assuming that the vise goes with it. That looks like a Wilton bullet vise. Google them and see how much they cost ;) The vise alone, depending on size, would be worth the $450.

Looks like the top is 5x5 1/2" thick. Even minus the vise, if you had to buy new steel, I doubt you could build it for $450.

Used Wilton's can be had for a couple hundred or less, but even so I certainly agree that the steel, assuming 1/2" or better top, in that welding table justifies the price. Wilton 5" Vise

/ Welding benches #90  
Used Wilton's can be had for a couple hundred or less, but even so I certainly agree that the steel, assuming 1/2" or better top, in that welding table justifies the price. Wilton 5" Vise

That is not a bullet, HUGE difference in form and price!

That table in DE is awful close to 450 in steel alone, 300-350 would be a deal IMHO.