At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #4,821  
Obed, I have a shelf welded to the back of my boxblade with a hole for a ball. You could just as easily weld a receiver on top of the shelf. This will get you nearly level and even allow you to easily drop the hitch ball below the hitch and raise it up to hook up and disconnect.

Attachments

• 1-hitchpad.jpg
    1-hitchpad.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 650
   / At Home In The Woods #4,823  
I weld hitch tubes on everything I have. Its cheap and handy. The one I use the most is the one on top of my FEL bucket.

Chris

/ At Home In The Woods #4,824  
I have one that mounts on my pallet fork frame.

/ At Home In The Woods #4,825  
Obed, I have a shelf welded to the back of my boxblade with a hole for a ball. You could just as easily weld a receiver on top of the shelf. This will get you nearly level and even allow you to easily drop the hitch ball below the hitch and raise it up to hook up and disconnect.

Or, have him weld the shelf/flange just like Jinman's [with an appropriate hole drilled for the threaded shaft of the trailer ball] for you at whatever height will work best for you when your blade is at cruising altitude, unless there is something else you're likely to want to attach to the BB or scraper, then have him weld a section of 2" hitch tube onto it at that magical height.

Or go whole hog and have him plasma cut a square hole into the back of the blades and put the tube through it, then weld it to both faces of the blade [with gussets for strength].

JMHO,
Thomas

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,826  
Jim,
I really like your idea. I have forwarded the box blade picture with your modification to the welder. He is working up an estimate. Depending on price, I may get the scraper blade and the box blade both modified so I can pull the trailer using them.

Thanks,
Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,827  
I would also like to fix the 3PH pins on the box blade. One of them is in particularly bad shape; it is loose and is bent. I am talking to the welder to see if he might replace them. I doubt I can get the nut off. Also, it looks like the hole the pin fits through is too large.

IMG_0342.JPG IMG_0343.JPG

/ At Home In The Woods #4,828  
I would also like to fix the 3PH pins on the box blade. One of them is in particularly bad shape; it is loose and is bent. I am talking to the welder to see if he might replace them. I doubt I can get the nut off. Also, it looks like the hole the pin fits through is too large.

View attachment 309923 View attachment 309924

You can buy new pins. A 4-1/2" angle grinder will cut the nut easily, if you don't have one, it's a great addition to the arsenal that will get used again. The hole size looks like maybe someone changed to a lower CAT size? There might be bushings easily found to solve that. Tractor And Skid Steer Attachments For All Tractor And Skid Steer Manufacturers would be a place to start.

/ At Home In The Woods #4,829  
Here is a handy chart for 3pt pin sizes. That may help to know what to look for. Page 10 shows conversion bushings. You may be able to find pins with a built-in conversion step-up in the portion that fits through the hole in the implement arm.

http://www.ricksagparts.com/3-Point_Linkage.pdf

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,830  
You can buy new pins. A 4-1/2" angle grinder will cut the nut easily, if you don't have one, it's a great addition to the arsenal that will get used again. The hole size looks like maybe someone changed to a lower CAT size? There might be bushings easily found to solve that. Tractor And Skid Steer Attachments For All Tractor And Skid Steer Manufacturers would be a place to start.

Here is a handy chart for 3pt pin sizes. That may help to know what to look for. Page 10 shows conversion bushings. You may be able to find pins with a built-in conversion step-up in the portion that fits through the hole in the implement arm.

http://www.ricksagparts.com/3-Point_Linkage.pdf
Thanks Dave. You may have steered me onto the right path. I suspect you are correct in that my box blade originally had a larger 3PH Cat size pin and somebody replaced the original pin with a smaller diameter Cat 1 pin. The bushings I have found for stepping down from a Cat 2 to a Cat 1 are all to long. If I could find a Cat 2-1 conversion lower link pin, I think that would work. The pdf link you provided at ricksagsparts.com showed a conversion link pin, but I don't know how to order it.

I'll have to do some digging. I might just end up replacing the bent pin with another Cat 1 pin. It's not idea but might be good enough.

Obed

Last edited: