The "Perfect" Burger

/ The "Perfect" Burger #102  
When I attended the Tennessee Law Enforcement Acadamy - TLETA many years ago, we were only allowed to leave the acadamy once a week. That was on Wednesday evening from 6-9pm. We would call ahead and order 45 dozen White Castle Burgers in Nashville. At first the White Castle employees thought it was a Hoax. BTW, my Buddies and I would eat what we wanted, and sold the extra Burgers at a modest profit. I still LOVE them.

I even take SWMBO to White Castle on Valentines Day! They set it special, reservations only, table cloths, candles and tableside service. It's quite a bit of fun, doing the fine dining at White Castle! I think I spent around $12 there this year on dinner, but she loves sliders too, so it's all in the fun

/ The "Perfect" Burger #103  
ever tried grilling tomatoes with garlic and parmasian cheese. look them up. hard to beat

/ The "Perfect" Burger #104  
ever tried grilling tomatoes with garlic and parmasian cheese. look them up. hard to beat

That's good stuff how about portobello mushroom little olive oil, salt and pepper grilled topped with melted good Italian sharp or cheese of your liking

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ The "Perfect" Burger #105  
Grilled a burger for dinner tonight, a few weeks back I mixed 2.5# of 90/10 beef, ~1# of "country style" pork sausage, an egg and some Sweet Baby Rays together by hand, ran it through the grinder, made patties and froze them.
Tonight, I threw a patty on the grill:
IMAG0108 (Custom).jpg
Added shredded Mozzarella once it cooked (decided at the last minute to add cheese or it would have been sharp cheddar):
IMAG0110 (Custom).jpg
Stacked up a couple pieces of Romaine with tomatoes:
IMAG0109 (Custom).jpg
Added some kosher dill pickle slices:
IMAG0111 (Custom).jpg
It was very yummy.

Dessert will be the Lime Meringue pie with Brown Sugar Meringue that I made last night:
IMAG0107 (Custom).jpg

Aaron Z

/ The "Perfect" Burger
That looks great. :licking: I just had a garlic bologna and cheese sandwich and some chips, being lazy with swmbo working tonight.

/ The "Perfect" Burger #108  
Report in the Lime Meringue pie:
Meringue: Regular meringue (made with white sugar vs brown) tastes better to us.
Custard: Too sweet and not limy enough for the wife. I am not partial to lime flavor and prefer my the orange custard that I normally make
Crust: Too dry and crumbly for some reason, look to look into it more

We will try it again with less sugar and more lime, although I may make an orange custard and a lime custard at the same time, the make the pie half orange, half lime.

Edit: Pie with a couple of slices out of it:
IMAG0112 (Custom).jpg

Aaron Z

/ The "Perfect" Burger #109  
I've never seen meringue made with brown sugar, so I was thinking it might taste even better. I kind of like brown sugar. In fact, I've been having a little bowl of Quaker instant Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal for breakfast lately.

Have you ever watched a calf nurse? When I was kid, we called meringue "calf slobbers".

/ The "Perfect" Burger #110  
I've never seen meringue made with brown sugar, so I was thinking it might taste even better. I kind of like brown sugar. In fact, I've been having a little bowl of Quaker instant Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal for breakfast lately.

Have you ever watched a calf nurse?
When I was kid, we called meringue "calf slobbers".[/
QUOTE]

Yeah, my Dad did the same thing. In fact, he and my Grandfather's vocabulary was considerably different from mine. He called Navy Beans "Dishwater Beans", which I thought was odd.