New LS Cab Tractors

/ New LS Cab Tractors #51  
Just left the NC factory today and saw the new models w/ t4 engines not impressed w/ the shibarus way to much on the electronics side for my taste.

Did they tell you it was a Shibaura engine or did you see a tag or literature that stated that? From what I have been told they were still running the Mitsubishi engine and dropping a HP from the rating because of the AC compressor.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #52  
Gawd! The new front-end design is butt-ugly!

Oh I don't think the front end is that bad looking, but if they did in fact go to the Shibaura engine then that would be bad.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #53  
Oh I don't think the front end is that bad looking, but if they did in fact go to the Shibaura engine then that would be bad.

Really? Why? 2 out of the 3 diesel engines in my barn right now are Shibaura's. One in my old Ford mower, 27hp 3cyl, with thousands of hours; has only needed a head gasket because I ran it too hot... The other in my Hustler mower, a 25hp 3 cyl; granted it only has 180 hrs, but seems like a great engine so far.

What is the problem with Shibaura? Is our Mitsubishi that much better?

/ New LS Cab Tractors #54  
No not really just my personal preference is all.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #55  
I bought a new tractor last summer. I looked at the Kubota Grand L series and the John Deere 3x20 series. I also looked at LS. I must say the price on the LS and included features make it a very attractive tractor compared to most others. I ended up buying the John Deere 3320. The downfalls I saw with LS were they didn't finance their tractors. John Deere and Kubota had 0% financing for 60 months. By the time I considered interest on the loan and the ease of getting a loan it put LS out of the picture immediately. Another reason was my nearest LS dealer was 3 1/2 hours away. If I needed to use that generous 5 year warranty that's just to far to drive. I wish LS would offer promotions to make buying them easier as well as getting more dealers.

I must say I love the Blue color, the price, and features. Adding the cabbed models is also a nice touch. The front ends on the new cabbed models I think is a bit ugly. Maybe after a while it's something that will grow on you.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #56  
I bought a new tractor last summer. I looked at the Kubota Grand L series and the John Deere 3x20 series. I also looked at LS. I must say the price on the LS and included features make it a very attractive tractor compared to most others. I ended up buying the John Deere 3320. The downfalls I saw with LS were they didn't finance their tractors. John Deere and Kubota had 0% financing for 60 months. By the time I considered interest on the loan and the ease of getting a loan it put LS out of the picture immediately. Another reason was my nearest LS dealer was 3 1/2 hours away. If I needed to use that generous 5 year warranty that's just to far to drive. I wish LS would offer promotions to make buying them easier as well as getting more dealers.

I must say I love the Blue color, the price, and features. Adding the cabbed models is also a nice touch. The front ends on the new cabbed models I think is a bit ugly. Maybe after a while it's something that will grow on you.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #57  
I know quite a few LS dealers offer financing through Agri Credit....mine did, and they went to 84 months (not 0% for that long, but still a good rate) as I recall.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #58  

There's no such thing as free money. The 0% for 60 months costs you a lot of money up front. You should have looked at Kioti, very comparable to LS, "0%" financing available and they've always had factory cab models in the line up. I don't think anybody does as nice of a job on their cabs as JD though (but mine is pretty nice).

/ New LS Cab Tractors #59  

don't blame you for going with the deere. the main reason i bought an LS made tractor was the fact i could drive the tractor home if i wanted (only a couple miles). Dealer support and location is a big deal to most people. Having a nice tractor with lots of features for the price was a bonus.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #60  

How much more expensive were the JD and Kubota tractors? I saw roughly $10K more for JD and Deere when I was comparing. That pays for a lot of interest (which is still at a low rate if you don't get factory financing). R,