BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #303  
:D You're losing already, just thinking about getting the little beauty dirty. :laughing: (no pic in your link :D)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #304  
Using the muffler clamp makes it look OEM instead of an afterbirth that Kubota had with the hose clamp mount.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Using the muffler clamp makes it look OEM instead of an afterbirth that Kubota had with the hose clamp mount.

The clamp is certainly stronger. The hose clamp is just ridicules. It looks cheap and is just plain wrong to use especially for a safety item. I'm very surprised Kubota did that. The muffler clamp took five minutes to fab up BUT I will admit I had a solid piece of aluminum square stock chucked in under the boring head of the milling machine to build a custom clamp and said to myself " it don't make sense to spend two hours or more building a clamp when a simple exhaust clamp will more than do it". I figure my idea is just a cost effective as Kubota's but better :D

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #306  
The clamp is certainly stronger. The hose clamp is just ridicules. It looks cheap and is just plain wrong to use especially for a safety item. I'm very surprised Kubota did that. The muffler clamp took five minutes to fab up BUT I will admit I had a solid piece of aluminum square stock chucked in under the boring head of the milling machine to build a custom clamp and said to myself " it don't make sense to spend two hours or more building a clamp when a simple exhaust clamp will more than do it". I figure my idea is just a cost effective as Kubota's but better :D

Yes Paul, but think of all the possibilities like maybe self-leveling and self-centering so it would always be visible from the rear no matter what the position of the back hoe! :). Myself I chose to just remove it completely since the tractor never goes on the road.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #307  
Paul, you missed a chance with that SMV mount: you coulda made something like a ball jointed quick adjustable device, maybe even with titanium (oh yah, that's pretty hard to machine, isn't it?) but I suppose what you did will work fine! Looking forward to the video.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #308  
Yes Paul, but think of all the possibilities like maybe self-leveling and self-centering so it would always be visible from the rear no matter what the position of the back hoe! :). Myself I chose to just remove it completely since the tractor never goes on the road.

Imagine the possibilities! An electronic tilt meter coupled with an electronic compass that controls a hydraulic system to keep aimed straight behind you no matter the angle or direction of the hoe. A manual override adjustment system so that you could specifically point it in a given direction in case straight behind you isn't really where the traffic is going to come from. Man, I see at least a couple weeks more mod'ing coming up here. :D

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #309  
He's not gonna get that thing dirty after all this. :D

YUP! he is not .. how sad. A great toy -err tool not being used.:p

Well the light test went well. Had a few seagulls fly into the shop. Guess they were blinded by the light :D a cat walked by just as I switched on the top led light bar and it got a cat scan :laughing:
Groan!!!! cat scan ....... :rolleyes:

Yeah -- mine snapped off from being caught when digging out a stump. The muffler clamp is genius! I was thinking I shoulda done the same. So - are you going to paint it so it wont rust?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

Paul, you missed a chance with that SMV mount: you coulda made something like a ball jointed quick adjustable device, maybe even with titanium (oh yah, that's pretty hard to machine, isn't it?) but I suppose what you did will work fine! Looking forward to the video.

Imagine the possibilities! An electronic tilt meter coupled with an electronic compass that controls a hydraulic system to keep aimed straight behind you no matter the angle or direction of the hoe. A manual override adjustment system so that you could specifically point it in a given direction in case straight behind you isn't really where the traffic is going to come from. Man, I see at least a couple weeks more mod'ing coming up here. :D

I'm disappointed in you fellows. All these great ideas and you never once mentioned an led light to go with them :confused3: :laughing:

Yeah -- mine snapped off from being caught when digging out a stump. The muffler clamp is genius! I was thinking I shoulda done the same. So - are you going to paint it so it wont rust?

Its sprayed with Galvanized spray paint. Doing it that way made it match the rest of the bracket.
:thumbsup: Glad you liked the idea.

Well I never left the shop until 11 PM last night. Editing the video and started the upload. Its 12:10 here now so the video has been uploading for over 11 hours and its up to 84% so it takes time but its a HD vid so what can I say.

Got out to the shop early this morning. Removed the hoe and installed the 3pt hitch and then the Chipper. Had to cut 3" off the PTO shaft and the outer case then I tried it. Holy cow this thing works FABTASTIC!
Just in case you haven't guessed I have to do a mod on the chipper. Hey it's not my fault :confused3:
It really don't drop low enough on the 3pt hitch so I'll fabricate an extension for it :thumbsup:

Here's a few awful looking photos I snapped with the iPhone. :eek: